Need help ASAP

Onestone

Reaction score
:censored:I have '07 FLHT with a Motor Trike Gladiator kit with Rinehart True Duals.
I have the Mechanical Reverse. My Passenger has burned her leg and I get the heat of the back of my left lag from the down pipe. Tried to go to S&S cross overs to fix the problem but the Reverse Shifter is in the way. Anyone have this problem and what can I do?

Welcome to the forum! The cheapest and easiest solution would be a heatsheild over the area in question. You could even trim a generic one to fit-this would make it so if you brushed up against the pipe, you would not get burned.:Shrug::wave4:

I had ceramic coated Thunderheader exhaust on my FLHT and they were hot. I don't think ceramic coating is going to make enough difference to measure. The wrap stuff and heat shields might help, i didn't try it. Traded it for a Goldwing, that took care of the heat problem, but I can understand why some would not want to do that.

Should get ceramic coated head pipe back tomorrow. will install and report after runnig in 100 degree weather later this week. JET HOT said don't wrap ceramic coated head pipe they should eliminate a lot of the heat.

I had ceramic coated Thunderheader exhaust on my FLHT and they were hot. I don't think ceramic coating is going to make enough difference to measure. The wrap stuff and heat shields might help, i didn't try it. Traded it for a Goldwing, that took care of the heat problem, but I can understand why some would not want to do that.

That would have been my answer too... I was out in the desert last week end with my wife on an Ultra Classic That was triked.... I was wishing I was on my Gold Wing... the amount of heat that comes off of most Harleys is just killer in the summer time.

I've seen too many riders wearing shorts. No wonder they are grtting burn't. I put V&H power dualls on mine & have no trouble. But I've done alot more engine work to mine which also helps.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png