Need help identifying trailer

Not sure if this helps, but some states, such as FL, do not require registring one or having a liscends plate on one if it totals GVW is less then 300lbs.

Got a link to a source for that?

But before any trikers in FL go out and tow without tags..

Trailers in Brevard, Orange and Osceola counties, and I believe the rest of the state, do not require title or insurance if the trailer weight is less than 2000#. GVW may be higher. I have lived and registered trailers there, and believe this to be state policy.

Tags, aka 'license plates' are required regardless of weight. Exceptions are granted to dedicated/single purpose towable tools, such as tow behind lifts, cement/mortar mixers, etc. Home depot still tags its tow behind post hole diggers, however. Go figure.

The surprise was when I purchased my cycle hauler used, a 2005 tandem box trailer. Empty weight ~1900 pounds. The original certificate of origin from the manufacturer was in the bundle of paperwork. (!!) The seller went with me to the DMV, and the DMV informed me that I can keep that title/certificate, and another will not be issued.

@Gringo39 - Thats a cool trailer! Looks like 71-77 Mercury Comet tail lights, but just the outer part without the reverse lights. On the inside, does it look like that tail light housings were cut and sectioned in, or does it look like a mold was made? This might narrow things down as to whether you have a home built/adapted trailer, or something that was produced in quantity.

** 'zooming in' on the tail light pic, looks like the Mercury assemblies were cut in half, and there are tag light lenses are now blocked by the amber turn signals. Neat idea.

Please post some pics of the inside. :)

*if* this was a home made trailer originating here in FL, and under 2000#, you might not find any number on it. Other states may be similar.

Cool trailer though! GOOD LUCK!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png