wheelie bar

You must be building a rear-motor trike.If you don't want it to do a wheelie,start in a higher gear.If you like it to wheelie,the length of the wheelie bar set-up will determine the height the front wheel comes off the ground.How much frme will be back there to attach to?It's not that hard to put together.
Never did see any "plans"to build as it would be more vehicle specific.

Had a buddy with a Stires trike, I could get the front wheel off the ground an inch or two by stepping hard on the cage around the engine. Needed wheelie bars for sure, starting from a stop going up hill was a thrill to watch. The Trike Shop Runabout we had was hard to get the front end up. I think it was partly because of the balance and partly because of the automatic transmission on it.
Some trikes definately need the wheelie bars.
Quick search - here is a link to a trike wheelie bar maker: RoadRatt's Custom — Custom Wheeliebars and Oil Filters

Thanks for the link to Road Ratts, nice stuff.
I learned the hard way to start off in 2nd gear. Scared the ____ out of myself. I have a bad left leg and my foot slipped off the pedal as I was turning a right corner, up hill. The front end was about 4' up. I think the only thing that stopped me was the lil nubs on the bottom of the engine on each side, glad I had low profile tires on it.
Now they have a new law in Florida, big fine if they see your front tire off the ground. Guess I'll just forget about first gear.LOL

Thanks for the link to Road Ratts, nice stuff.
I learned the hard way to start off in 2nd gear. Scared the ____ out of myself. I have a bad left leg and my foot slipped off the pedal as I was turning a right corner, up hill. The front end was about 4' up. I think the only thing that stopped me was the lil nubs on the bottom of the engine on each side, glad I had low profile tires on it.
Now they have a new law in Florida, big fine if they see your front tire off the ground. Guess I'll just forget about first gear.LOL
They outlawed wheelies in Florida? I guess that means only outlaws will OWN wheelies, not law abiding citizens. What ever will the rice rockets do at bike week. Wait, I know. Those rear wheel brake wheelies. See, if you look hard enough, there's a loophole in most laws.:qpnmt:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back