Pre-fitting these $60 wheelie bars...

So I did me a little thinkin" and came up with this.

$40 traction bars from Jegs
$10 wheels from E-bay
$10 forks from E-bay

I am going to add some cross supports and once installed.

P1150010.JPG

They sure look good! But from a guy that has worked on a few drag cars I don't think if the ever touch the road they are going to bend and may cause a disaster. If they are just for looks they are extra nice.

They sure look good! But from a guy that has worked on a few drag cars I don't think if the ever touch the road they are going to bend and may cause a disaster. If they are just for looks they are extra nice.

Oh hell, I think I'd dump the clutch in first and test em real good. :laugh:

Oh hell, I think I'd dump the clutch in first and test em real good. :laugh:

Let it drag.

20150912_075502_zpsdahh8qm9.jpg

Are the traction bars spring steel if so they may work OK if not bent to far
If they are rigid steel I think they will bend

I do wheelies more then I should. Sometime by accident but sometimes just for fun.
Don't like to do it to much because I do not want to wreck my front end when it comes back down.

Mine are rigid but made out of heavy steel. I have come back on them hard a number of times. http://3fowlers.com/images/photos/photo 105.jpg

I thought of making a pair of wheelie bars out of some leaf springs I had but before I could do that the leaf sprigs turned into some knifes and a couple swords

I tried them out tonight. Kept the front wheel up for 20+ feet and brought it back down safely. nothing bent or broken so far. I have some ideas for the next design update. I can see some metal core wheels are in need and I do like the idea of incorporating a leaf spring in my design process. Thanks for the input guys!

Back