Using a car tire on the rear wheel of a Yamaha xjr1300

Can anyone help with information on using a car tyre on a normal rear wheel of a solo ( used with a sidecar) I have been told , by two of the side car firms , that this should not be done. The wheels should be changed and the suspension. I do know that car tyres have been used on motor bike rims but after receiving this information it has me worried . I do know of some Goldwing riders who use car tires on the rear wheel and love them. They often get over 30000mls out of a tire on a Goldwing solo. Using a normal solo tire on a hack would make it very expensive indeed.

My idea would be to put a car tire on the rear and a rear tire , reversed, on the front. Similar to the trikes.

My last sidecar out fit was many years ago when motor bike tires weren't much different than car trended tires. Alas no longer made.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png