Mounting a Trike

Just watched the video. If I had that sort of movement at my hips, I would not be riding a trike. I am riding a trike because I do not have the mobility to lift my leg over a bike seat. I get on my trike by stepping on the rider's footpeg then physically lifting my right leg over the seat.

Yo, TrikeLeader and BadAss, got a chuckle out of that. I knew I'd get some good lol's out of that post. Thanks for the "right" answer, Nana. I note that the man calls it a 'motorcycle'. Interesting.

LMAO!!!! :laugh:

Got a real kick out of some of the responses!!! ;)

And by the way,, that's how I "mount" and dis-mount my trike all the time. It really works very well! ThumbUp

I must say, this has generated some real interest in 'triketalk'.....Pleased I could be of service. OK, let's see where the "service" thing goes. Now get out there Trikers, and "mount" those Trikes.....

To me, that looks like too much work getting on a trike. I get on my trike same way I got on my Harley Ultra. Step on the riders right floorboard and swing my left leg over the seat. I do have a little problem with my right hip, but not enough to stop me from doing that.

Just watched the video. If I had that sort of movement at my hips, I would not be riding a trike. I am riding a trike because I do not have the mobility to lift my leg over a bike seat. I get on my trike by stepping on the rider's footpeg then physically lifting my right leg over the seat.

Too right; plus, I have to get on from the right-hand side, not too safe on a Road King solo - needed wife and both daughters to lift it off me last time I tried:gah:
Cheers

To me, that looks like too much work getting on a trike. I get on my trike same way I got on my Harley Ultra. Step on the riders right floorboard and swing my left leg over the seat. I do have a little problem with my right hip, but not enough to stop me from doing that.

Good point, however, if there's a back rest, throwing a leg over that is a struggle. I'm still able to negotiate with raising the right leg high enough to push over the seat without scarring the seat, dismount on the left leg using the hop left method, bracing on the back of the seat with the right hand. Having said that, I'm only 5' 7", and two hip replacements, I won't be doing that for many more months, or whatever, so looking for a better way. Maybe the right foot on the driver's peg, left on the passenger will work as demonstrated in the video.

That's one of the reasons I don't have a backrest. :)
Some backrests fold flat don't they?

On long trips I have a Saddleman "Dresser" back seat bag which is a perfect fit on the back seat and doubles as a backrest.

Fold flat, yes. So, get your leg over, then try and fold the back rest up. Now that's real tricky and could do damage to the anatomy. Maybe there's a good way to do that, I'm open for suggestions.

Trike is a bit different than a m/c. Picture a m/c, somewhat of a lean to the kick stand, seat lower. Not so with the trike. Some of us more senior than others as well....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png