What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

If you plan on changing bars to a set of higher ones the oem mirrors are raised View attachment 95999

I had the opportunity to ride a full stock Tri Glide. I couldn't see anything and felt like I was crouched over. The bars that were on mine were not stock but still not comfortable and still couldn't see behind me.

I changed to the 2+2 wide sweepers and could see better but still couldn't see behind me without moving my head.

attachment.php

I added the extensions tonight and set them up and I can now see the world behind me and around me. It made a huge difference. For reference, I'm 6'2" and 250.

I rode to work and back today and got to really try out the mirror extensions. Once I adjusted them while riding, I could see everything so well. Including the truck that almost pulled out in front of me on my way home. Vibration is no more than it was with the stock mount configuration. This was an excellent upgrade.

Now to get the stuff in from Kevin and control the wind hitting me over and in front of the tank that is worse now with the new windshield.

It hit 50º today, And riding in the snow and slush with all the salt and brine mixed in really crapes up the wheels...So using the hot water hose and dawn soap..Wash them then sprayed them with McKees foaming wheel cleaner..Let it sit for a while and once it turns red i hose it off..Looks decent but the'll never look like new..I don't know why i bothered cause i'm only going to ride in that slop tomorrow..:Shrug:...

Took the body off to check everything out and do a deep cleaning. Did a three hole oil change with Red Line. Put it back together all sparkling and shiny. Hate the wheels as there is no way to make them look clean. Willie Shiny chrome wheels are on the list after an oil cooler and Mini Mites.

Kurt
might try Zephyr Pro 40 polish and a mothers powerball that will get them as good as they will get. MAGUIRE'S HAS A GREAT POLISH also.

I have a plan

might try Zephyr Pro 40 polish and a mothers powerball that will get them as good as they will get. MAGUIRE'S HAS A GREAT POLISH also.

Back when I was driving over the road I would stop at one of several truck stops around the country that had a polishing facility. There is one located in west Phoenix just off of I-10. I would pull into the truck stop straight from the truck wash and get the wheels and tanks polished. They used a brightener that would oxidize the aluminum and then use a high speed cloth polishing wheel and polishing compounds to make the wheels and tanks have a mirror finish. They would keep the shine for about 3 months. So that is my plan. Next trip to the big city get them polished and take it straight home and clear coat the wheels as a last ditch effort to make them look good.

Kurt

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png