What did you do to your Trike this week?

Yes, that's the kind of help we are speaking about! Go the mile for the customer!

Rookie here: can you tell me what the readings are used for? Are they like my F-150's turbo readings you can see if your truck is using max power?

Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop.

Rosy

Yes, that's the kind of help we are speaking about! Go the mile for the customer!

Rookie here: can you tell me what the readings are used for? Are they like my F-150's turbo readings you can see if your truck is using max power?

Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop.

Rosy

Not rocket science just engine temp. gear selection, fuel usage and trip distance(you when to look for fuel stop) fuel gage not that accurate with tank lift. Also I can't do a remap with the PV going on the fritz not wanting to loose data in the middle of auto tuning. PV is going back to Dyno Jet tomorrow they said week to ten days return. Just don't know what it is going to cost for repair unit is over three years old. :empathy:travel safely Fred

OK, I see what it displays. I always wondered why lots of people riding other brands would tell me 160 miles till gas, while I would say, got a 1/3 of a tank left. The gas gauge would not read right, when modifications were made to the tank.

I would think this method would be hard to judge if you were pulling a trailer, as your mileage would change if you pull going Highway or mountains. Way too much thinking to do. Glad my Wing has a good gauge. I guess when you get old, KISS, is the best method! LOL

Thank you very much for explaining your display!

Rosy

OK, I see what it displays. I always wondered why lots of people riding other brands would tell me 160 miles till gas, while I would say, got a 1/3 of a tank left. The gas gauge would not read right, when modifications were made to the tank.

I would think this method would be hard to judge if you were pulling a trailer, as your mileage would change if you pull going Highway or mountains. Way too much thinking to do. Glad my Wing has a good gauge. I guess when you get old, KISS, is the best method! LOL

Thank you very much for explaining your display!

Rosy
Distance between fill up is directly related to the right wrist and how far I turn it ya kno... and state of mind adult or child. Fred

After adding the raked triple trees and FXRT fairing, I've had trouble with how my trike handled. It was stiff turning and after about 100 miles small bumps and expansion cracks would have me bouncing across the lane. So I removed the fairing and front end last week thinking maybe I had crunched the cages on the bearings by over torquing the trees. They looked good but I replaced them anyway. After torquing the front end it was still stiff.

After looking closer, I discovered when I tightened the mount for the fairing it was riding up the steering neck and making contact with the bottom of the top tree. So I ground about a 16th of an inch off the bracket to give it clearance. I then reassembled everything and all seemed time. Now time to take it off the lift and see what happens .... wow didn't realize how big a difference the raked trees would make! I think I'm in for allot of enjoyable riding.

OK, I am sure after your discovery, your ride went better than expected, correct?

Did any of the instruction mentioned you had to watch out for parts needed to be grounded, or was this a rare case?

Glad you caught this and reported it to our readers, in case someone else ran into this problem.

Thanks,

Rosy

Thanks for the reply

OK, I am sure after your discovery, your ride went better than expected, correct?

Very much so.

Did any of the instruction mentioned you had to watch out for parts needed to be grounded, or was this a rare case?

No, this was a stack up of two different after marker parts from different companys. I guessing it is not the norm. The instructions for the fairing I believe are probably assuming the user will be using the mounting kit on a two wheeler with stock tree.

Glad you caught this and reported it to our readers, in case someone else ran into this problem.

Thanks,

Rosy

Marc H..you have been busy. Why did you take the engine apart on your Wing? Back rest are a life saver on long rides, set it to the small of your back and it feels like your easy chair at home!

Those Gators are the worse thing you can hit while riding, some are bigger than your trike! LOL I hit one while passing a semi in my rental cage years ago, what a mess it created along the side of the car. Took me a whole weekend to buff it out before I returned the car!

You were very lucky to stay on the road after you hit it...

Rosy

Those Gators are the worse thing you can hit while riding, some are bigger than your trike! LOL I hit one while passing a semi in my rental cage years ago, what a mess it created along the side of the car. Took me a whole weekend to buff it out before I returned the car!

Rosy

Yeah, it wasn't fun getting off the road with a flat front tire. It was easier to do on three wheels though... Had a rear tire go flat at speed with my wife riding two up a number of years ago on two wheels. That was way more entertaining but we got whoaed up without going down that time too.

Hope you didn't do any damage to your front rim...that's what I worry about..tire is very cheap compare to a chrome rim!

I guess I have been very lucky, been riding since 1964 and never had a flat tire..watch..I bet I will go out and get one now...Just like a sports caster saying, he hasn't hit a homerun in the last 14 games, wham..there it goes! And it always happens against your team!

To me it seems like the Gator is always hiding behind the vehicle in front of you, he then comes out and takes a bite out of your vehicle! LOL 😱

Rosy

Hope you didn't do any damage to your front rim...that's what I worry about..tire is very cheap compare to a chrome rim!

I guess I have been very lucky, been riding since 1964 and never had a flat tire..watch..I bet I will go out and get one now...Just like a sports caster saying, he hasn't hit a homerun in the last 14 games, wham..there it goes! And it always happens against your team!

To me it seems like the Gator is always hiding behind the vehicle in front of you, he then comes out and takes a bite out of your vehicle! LOL 😱

Rosy

Was lucky... no damage to tire, rim, fender, etc... just cracked the rubber of the valve stem. It was a freak thing I guess.

Marc H..you have been busy. Why did you take the engine apart on your Wing? Back rest are a life saver on long rides, set it to the small of your back and it feels like your easy chair at home!

Rosy

Rosy bent shift fork and worn shift collar.Nothing I really want to do again.Agreed backrests are nice.

Upcoming TRIP

:wave4:Had our service's done last week - cleaned/polished this week, heading out on

monday on our 5 thou + mile trip (3 weeks on the road) - we LOVE OUR TRIKES!

I wager is...

Did you bring it home Fuzzy?
He is probably getting a trike ride royal catching up on lost months. We may here from him in a day or so and that will be OK. He will be much happier now on three, us old people understand... LOL travel safely Fred

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png