thoughts from a trike rider

And push on the left handle bar with a locked elbow and pull on the right. also power thru it the same as a 2 wheeler .

I beg you pardon, but I think must differ with you joe, 'specially on the leaning.

To turn right (to use your example) on a trike I:

Push with the left and pull with the right arms. Actually, if the turn is gentle, it's more applying pressure than it is pushing. If it is gentle and slow, that is the extent of it right there. Most of the time I push down on the outside peg a slight bit to steady the force to the outside of the turn, no leaning at more sedate speeds.

If the riding is a bit more sprited, to counteract the centrifugal force pushing to the outside of the curve, I lean into the turn. In this case to the right side of the trike. In a hard turn, most if not all of my body weight is on the right buttcheek. The center of my body will be in line with, if not outside of, the right hand on the bar.

I push down on the opposite peg from the turn. In this case a right turn. I push down on the left footpeg, again to counteract the force pushing to the outside of the the turn.

Now I know for the physics nit-pickers the terminology isn't quite right, but I hope that sounds like it makes sense. 17 years triking here, but do what works and is comfortable for you.

Last edited:
I am with you on this ozzark.. One thing I do which may be strange is that when cornering I tend to hug the tank with my knees..Don't know why but maybe it's a security thing for me:eek:

U guys are goooood . Trying to think what you do naturally is tough when you are sitting at a keyboard. Ok let me try it . It feels strange but I think that you are correct. When On the trike the force makes you do strange things that this swivel chair does not <LOL>:D

I beg you pardon, but I think must differ with you joe, 'specially on the leaning.

To turn right (to use your example) on a trike I:

Push with the left and pull with the right arms. Actually, if the turn is gentle, it's more applying pressure than it is pushing. If it is gentle and slow, that is the extent of it right there. Most of the time I push down on the outside peg a slight bit to steady the force to the outside of the turn, no leaning at more sedate speeds.

If the riding is a bit more sprited, to counteract the centrifugal force pushing to the outside of the curve, I lean into the turn. In this case to the right side of the trike. In a hard turn, most if not all of my body weight is on the right buttcheek. The center of my body will be in line with, if not outside of, the right hand on the bar.

I push down on the opposite peg from the turn. In this case a right turn. I push down on the left footpeg, again to counteract the force pushing to the outside of the the turn.

Now I know for the physics nit-pickers the terminology isn't quite right, but I hope that sounds like it makes sense. 17 years triking here, but do what works and is comfortable for you.

:) Halleluja!

Finally a clarification that as a newbie I learned it right (from this Forum)!! :D

Yep, Ozark got it right. If I'm riding by myself I'll slide my butt to whatever side I'm turning to. The more weight you can shift the faster you can go around the corner. Now, if the missus is along I'll usually just shift my weight without moving my butt around, she's figured out that if I start moving around we are going too fast!!!

Dwight

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png