Road Zeppelin seat

hARLEY jOE

Feb 9, 2013
PORTLAND OREGON
Has anyone else ordered a Road Zep seat, to find out they are non-existent or on back order?
Harley is doing it to us again - we have been waiting for a month, and now the date they give us is July 31st.

Has anyone else ordered a Road Zep seat, to find out they are non-existent or on back order?
Harley is doing it to us again - we have been waiting for a month, and now the date they give us is July 31st.

hARLEY jOE, don't know of any "game" the MOCO is playing, but the seat is well worth the wait. Best seat I have had for both me and the wife (who has arthritis and the air bladder really helps for her). Good luck and hang in there. Your dealer has the ability to check on-line to see if any other dealer in the country might have one in stock. I wold ask anyway.

Good luck with your search/wait!!

Ride Safe, Roger

I ordered mine in Jan 2015, got it in 6 days ... sure is worth the wait ... on the Ultra it looked like a saddle ... does on the tri too ... but the wide rear tones it down some .. :D

Yes, best seat ever. A little pricey, but not as pricey as having to buy 2 or 3 seats until you get one right. :D

Too bad you can't try out a seat(s) for a week or two and 500 miles.....at no charge.

Only draw back if you can call it that, is it sits you just a little closer to the tank - just a little. For me that's just fine. ThumbUp

Actually the previous RZ seat was the best because it had 3 bladders (was great for my sciatic), not 2 like the new one and you could get it in leather.

I have a RZ seat that I don't need anymore with the 3 bladders on it..2 for the driver one for the passenger.

Believe it would be for the 13 models down..Not sure if it would fit the 14 on up??

If anyone wants to buy it PM me..

Sorry for the sales pitch..

The old 3 bladder(rider) (passenger had 2) did not fit my 2010 Limited - only the new 2 bladder from 2010 and newer.
I don't know for sure up to what year the old one fits.... maybe 2008?

The old 3 bladder(rider) (passenger had 2) did not fit my 2010 Limited - only the new 2 bladder from 2010 and newer.
I don't know for sure up to what year the old one fits.... maybe 2008?

I think 08 was when they went to the new frame and 6 gallon tank, so I'm guessing 07 and below

I have a RZ seat that I don't need anymore with the 3 bladders on it..2 for the driver one for the passenger.

Believe it would be for the 13 models down..Not sure if it would fit the 14 on up??

I have this same seat. Had it on my 2012 TG and now on my 2015, fits fine.

Yes, as I said, the (new) 2 bladder seat will fit any new Harley. The (old) 3 bladder won't.

Gary there may be another HD 3 bladder (2 rider, 1 Pass) seat that won't fit, but the one I have does. It's on the bike in my pictures and I already have 5000 miles with it on the 2015 bike. I understand that at one time they made a seat with 3 rider bladders and no those won't fit.

Anyone who would like to see it for sure I'll shoot some pics and post them.

There are only 2 RZ seats.

51072-09 fits '08 - to present = 2 rider bladders and 1 passenger bladder

52335-97E fits '97 - '07 = 3 rider bladders and 2 passenger bladders.

Neither is interchangable unless extensive rework is done. Even then I don't think it's possible.

There are only 2 RZ seats.

51072-09 fits '08 - to present = 2 rider bladders and 1 passenger bladder

52335-97E fits '97 - '07 = 3 rider bladders and 2 passenger bladders.

Neither is interchangable unless extensive rework is done. Even then I don't think it's possible.

Whatever you think Gary, but go to my profile open the photo album and click on the pic of the left side of my 2015. That is the RZ seat, that also was on my 2012. You can see the 3 switches and tell it is a RZ. It FITs with no problems.

That's what I said. You have the new RZ seat with 2 front bladders and 1 rear bladder - fits all 2008 and newer.. We're saying the same thing.

Glad see you guys realized you both were saying the same thing. I was getting worried feathers that maybe getting ruffled. Sometimes its very hard to fully understand from just a posting what someone means. By the way I love my RZ on my 13 TRI also.

Glad see you guys realized you both were saying the same thing. I was getting worried feathers that maybe getting ruffled. Sometimes its very hard to fully understand from just a posting what someone means. By the way I love my RZ on my 13 TRI also.

Boy, you got that right about expressing yourself with only text. :D

I usually get in trouble because people take what I say entirely different then how I meant it. The smiley face does help in a lot of cases though. ThumbUp

I wasn't getting upset, just frustrated I couldn't convey what I was trying to say. :pepper: but we finally got together. :clapping:

If you want to make the RZ seat even better, get a beaded seat pad(first for me). I just got back from a 4K trip to Cali and back and boy did it make a difference - especially through the desert. ThumbUp

There is a new revision to the new RZ seat that might cause confusion. I just got a post card from Harley showing the RZ seat. The pic shows 2 rocker switches on the rider seat and 1 rocker switch on the passenger seat. My seat has all 3 switches together on the riders seat. :gah:

I love the seat but hate the mfg's attitude. When I had to replace a bladder last year they wired the switches backwards. I contacted them(that was like pulling teeth trying to get their contact info) and offered to live with the goof up if they refunded me the $50 initial charge (mandatory before even fixing the seat). They said they don't give refunds so live with it. I returned it to the dealer the next day and told them I want it fixed. I bet it cost the mfg way more then the $50 for shipping and repair. Oh well stupid is what stupid does. Right? :laugh:

Ok Gary, since you did it and I've been thinking about trying it, did the beads leave any permanent marks on the seat? I've been concerned that the beads might stretch the cover materal due to the heat and leave "stretch marks" :D.

Don't be sorry....own it!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png