Leading link using cars wheel

Fowler

900+ Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Moneta VA
As I am looking for a donor vehicle I am also researching different designs

In the past I have seen leading link front ends built around a cars wheel, hub and brake.

If anyone has any pics, or designs for this I would love to look at them.

found something like what I was thinking about
I knew I seen it here

BMB Guns, I have you done anymore work on this front end?

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/30623-V8-Diesel-Trike-old-Uhaul-truck/page4?highlight=uhaul

Hello! I haven't worked on the front end or any of trike lately. I'm waiting on my clutch and driveshaft. I should have that soon. Once I get the engine mounted in the frame and stuff I'll start on the front end again.

I did a fair amount of research on Asian 3 wheeled trucks. Almost all of them have a "single sided swing arm" (I have no better words to describe it) leading link type thing going on. It is certainly possible, been done before, and is really nothing new. I personally think that's a good thing! I'm not into radical design for a vehicle that I intend to drive at 70 mph.

I also like the idea that Im using the entire front hub with break system directly off of the truck. Ford engineering did the work. Auto zone has replacement parts. If two of these hold up and can help stop a fully loaded 1 ton F350, one of them should have no problem dealing with my trike.

Good luck and stay in touch. Email me and I can sup ply you with all kinds of pics.

exactly what I was thinking.

Also I have seen a few different pics of them that I think look cool.
But none have any god pics I can steal design ideas from

I don't think I will need as heavy of a setup as yours but it will not be a wimpy thing either
I will figure out what it actually needs then go even stronger

Im still in the design phase of my trike. Mostly in my head but I have been researching different things and as I find something I like I copy it into a folder I keep on my computer

I have redesigned my rear suspension 5 times in y head and downloaded all kinds of info on each type.

This is 1 benefit I have over my last 2 trike builds. The first trike there was no internet. The 2nd only had internet at the end of the build

Found this online
this one looks like it is a car wheel but has both sides of the leading link
I wish I could see it better and both sides

Capture.JPG

wish i could remember

looked at a build online....v8 trike w/corvette or jag type rearend... car wheel front end, single arm...beautiful design and workmanship......wish I could remember..... good luck hunting! larry

Check into sidecar/trike builders in England.They have a lot more experience in this type of build esp with the leading link type front. Try Hedingham Sidecars. They have a nice leading like front end.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png