Engine Date

:mob: SLIPPERY SLOPE WARNING :mob:

VW engines can become bottomless money pits real quick!

Don't forget that your original project was to get the trike running and see how it ran. I'd say get the needed parts as identified so far, put it together, and ride it around some and see how it does. Don't plan any long trips! Just putt around town till you know better what you've got.

If you have a trailer that it will fit on, great. (Plan B "Breakdown" for recovery.) If not, if you have a vehicle with a trailer hitch, you can cobble up a front wheel carrier to get it home Google will help you with ideas.

If you haven't ridden a trike, ride it a while before you start sinking $$$ into it.

Just my .02

Don't forget that your original project was to get the trike running and see how it ran. I'd say get the needed parts as identified so far, put it together, and ride it around some and see how it does. Don't plan any long trips! Just putt around town till you know better what you've got.

If you have a trailer that it will fit on, great. (Plan B "Breakdown" for recovery.) If not, if you have a vehicle with a trailer hitch, you can cobble up a front wheel carrier to get it home Google will help you with ideas.

If you haven't ridden a trike, ride it a while before you start sinking $$$ into it.

Just my .02

HAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes the plan for now is to get it running with just the stuff that is the bare minimum, I just want to make sure i'm getting the correct parts for the engine and transmission that i have now.

Chances are I will end up saving my pennies and buy a crate engine for it and having the transmission rebuilt at some point.

Just my .02

Rookie Gator sees this reply too late in the Game ...:Joker3:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png