Whats for supper?

No, the beans need to be baked to get the bacon to render the fat, that's what makes it. Cutting the bacon in squares like that is a pain, but, if you just lay it across the top, it's hard to serve and you need to eat the bacon by itself. I should also note, there is 6 brats, skinned, chopped up, and browned with onions mixed into the beans. Yummy.

If I ate those beans , my cardiologist would have a room reservation ready for me :D Then again that’s why I’m on pills ! :Shrug:

Not tonight ... but tomorrow. Brined a pork butt and seasoned it with garlic and pepper ... it's on the smoker and will be for about 20-22 hours. I'll do the apple juice spritz thing every 30 minutes, until I go to bed, then every hour after i wake up.

Stay tuned for the pictures.

Update:

Here's the butt at 5:30am and 149*. At 160* I'll wrap it in foil and put it in the oven or even back on the smoker, probably the oven, getting low on pellets. Once it's wrapped in foil, it doesn't pick up anymore smoke so it does not need to be on the smoker.

2018-06-03 05.18.09.jpg

I did spritz it some more at 5:30 with apple juice and will again when I wrap it. Looking Good so far.

It's now 7:30 and temp is 159*. Here it is just before wrapping in foil and going into the oven until internal temp reaches 205*.

2018-06-03 06.04.51.jpg

At 205*, I'll be able to just pull the bone out and eat .... :D ... Okay, I will tent it in foil and let it rest for about 15-30 minutes. It's usually closer to 15 minutes ... I have virtually no will power.

Okay, okay, okay.... enough already! :D

Just for teasing us like this you can calm the beasties if you bring a couple of these to the TT gathering in Kerrville. Those rooms all have a microwave - we’ll heat it up that way! :clapping:

I think you missed your calling.... you should open up a roadside BBQ stand!

Here it is fresh out or the oven, 205* internal temp.

2018-06-03 16.28.37.jpg

Here it is after the bone is removed by just pulling it out with my fingers.

2018-06-03 16.31.51.jpg

Here's my plate, the piece that was around the bone (mom doesn't like that piece, she has no idea what she's missing. Also a baked potato that was put in the oven with the pork butt for 4 hours, skin crispy and inside fluffy. Of course, I had to load it up with butter and a Mexican blend of cheese.

2018-06-03 16.32.50.jpg

All in all, I think the pellet smoker's best output is the pork butt. Yummy.

I forgot to post these last night, got full and needed a nap .. hehehehe.

Okay ... I had got to try that ... wonder if you could put that in the smoker?

Oh yeah... this is the way I used to cook fish fillets on the grill - prepared this way, wrap it in foil, poke holes in the sides and top of the foil for the smoke to get in - make sure you got lots of smoke swirling because you know it doesn’t take but a few minutes to cook seafood so the smoke has to work fast!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png