What GPS?

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What GPS do you own? I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 and like it..wouldnt go anywhere without my Garmin.

Last edited:
Garmin Quest. Wanting to pull the trigger on a Zumo 550

GPS or as we say SatNav

I have a Mio 269+ Digiwalker. I have used it in Great Britain (Wales, England, Scotland), Norway & USA. It has been a great buy. I have had it re-flashed to pick up anything that may have come on stream.
One thing though...It is not waterproof. Do any of you have a clear plastic box to put over my SatNav.

I have a lawrence 500,anddon't like it, lookin for something better:(

We use a TOM TOM RIDER. Nice features for the motorcycle -- sealed for weather and vibration proof.

We use a Garmin Street Pilot C550. It has MP3 and Bluetooth, also an FM traffic receiver, which we have never used. We like it because my wife (co-rider) can input information while we are moving, unlike her car which had the GPS built in but one could not input information while the vehicle was in motion. My wife is the navigator and uses the GPS 99% of the time, so for almost 23 years, she's been telling me...where to go!

:D :D Mikey :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We use a Garmin Street Pilot C550. It has MP3 and Bluetooth, also an FM traffic receiver, which we have never used. We like it because my wife (co-rider) can input information while we are moving, unlike her car which had the GPS built in but one could not input information while the vehicle was in motion. My wife is the navigator and uses the GPS 99% of the time, so for almost 23 years, she's been telling me...where to go!

:D :D Mikey :D

Mickey, you're an honest man. I've had the same exact experience. I think there's a "gene" going around.

We'll have to ask Nana. She's an expert...:rolleyes:

Buzzard

Last edited by a moderator:
We have an old Streetpilot III, a 2610 and a hand held.

When we upgrade it will be to the Zumo.

Love Garmin! Which the map source people would do a better job.

Zumo 550. It's a great unit made for bikes, waterproof, shockproof and easy to use.

We had a Garmin 2720 for our vehicles. Also a good unit, but don't know how waterproof they are.

Bms

I don't have a GPS installed and my wife still tells me where to go. Anybody know where to get a map of hell?????
kodiak:D

We have a TomTom1 which has worked well for us. Works in whatever outfit we want to use. We keep a ziploc bag on hand in case it rains. Not all the roads in Montana are on the map so sometimes we are out in the middle nowhere. Come to think of it, that's why we live here.

We have a factory refurbished Garmin 2610. Came with the same 1 year warantee as a new one. Yeah, it is a few genertions old, but we got it for less than $200, new they were about $900! No Mp3, satellite radio, phone connection or bluetooth. It has a nice readable screen in all light levels, even with the sun behind us, it's waterproof, does a great job of navigation, and even has a remote (!) that the Admiral uses from the commanders' seat. (she actually controls the trike; I just get to hold the handlebars)

I tend to like single-purpose devices. Was looking to possibly upgrade to a new Garmin with all the toys built in, but, for example, if the navigation part quit and had to go in for service, I would be out the Mp3 or satellite radio and anything else on the unit.

Last edited:
Mickey, you're an honest man. I've had the same exact experience. I think there's a "gene" going around.

We'll have to ask Nana. She's an expert...:rolleyes:

Buzzard
After all these years and I still have not become expert at keeping my husband under control, so I couldn't possibly accept being considered an expert for you guys too. But thanks for the "complement".

(In fact, Buzzard, Mike has the same trouble-making sense of humor you have. I spend all day laughing here at home too :) )

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png