DKCUSTOM EBS

Yes, I noticed the same. I had installed a K&N air filter in the stock box at the same time, and it was an immediate performance boost. If I had it to do over I would have ordered an air filter from DK Customs, but at the time I went the cheeper route.

EBS

I also put in a k&n. Because i have an extended warranty and really don't trust moco, i bought a backing plate and breather hose, then notched the backing plate at the breathers at six o'clock so the breather hose set in tight after i disconnected it at the t. Drilled a hole in the backing plate at five o'clock, and connected ebs. Ran hose to front of trike, away from heat sources and mounted filter on right frame rail about 1 foot in front of oil pan. If i have to get warranty work done i can put the original parts back on.

Any chance to see Pictures ?

I also put in a k&n. Because i have an extended warranty and really don't trust moco, i bought a backing plate and breather hose, then notched the backing plate at the breathers at six o'clock so the breather hose set in tight after i disconnected it at the t. Drilled a hole in the backing plate at five o'clock, and connected ebs. Ran hose to front of trike, away from heat sources and mounted filter on right frame rail about 1 foot in front of oil pan. If i have to get warranty work done i can put the original parts back on.

I'll bet a lot of us would like to see how you did your install!

many thanks

Dante :)

EBS pics

I'll pull off the air cleaner tomorrow and get some pictures.

(this may be a duplicate post, not sure why original didn't submit)

Going to order dk custom complete intake kit, so am I reading right that an ebs feature without hoses is included and if so where does the hot residue go.

If you are ordering a stage 1 air cleaner kit you have your choice of external breathers including this

tcbrassbb.jpg
so NO oily mess is going back into the engine

Get with D K Customs , they will answer ALL your questions

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/

I have my breather under the bike too. and I get a whiff of blowby at times. I dont think I would want it coming out of the rocker boxes at my knees. Seams like youd be smelling it all the time... I'd go with the hoses and filter under the bike... Just my 2 cents worth.

There's a good thread in the Tri Glide Section about EBS, Breather Bolts and Stage 1 Air Cleaners. Initially I wanted the Breather Bolts, but changed to EBS w/Catch Can after reading this thread. Note Comments in Post #23 on Breather Bolts.

Ordered the dkcustom 587 complete intake kit with the ebs bolts only, no hoses or catch can filter. If it deep out of the bolts too much I will order the hoses and catch-can later.

There's a good thread in the Tri Glide Section about EBS, Breather Bolts and Stage 1 Air Cleaners. Initially I wanted the Breather Bolts, but changed to EBS w/Catch Can after reading this thread. Note Comments in Post #23 on Breather Bolts.

Just read it... Yup I have a twin cam, thats why I get a whiff of the oil at times. Mine would be one that they wouldnt work very good on. and its only about 4500 miles on it. So its far from worn out. I only smell it sometimes when I shift.

After installing the EBS, the first rides I made when I got those whiffs from the right side of what smelled like an oil leak on a hot engine. I'd get home and give the area around the oil cap a close check. Finally realized that smell was coming from the new EBS w/Catch Can mod.:blush:

Parts came in today, I will install tomorrow. The chrome a/C cover not impressive at all, maybe it look better after it's installed. I hope it work good without the hoses and can filter.

I had one I made on my 97 ST years ago, before they were the thing to do. I had the same kind of little filter on it too... Hung it the same place as this one, On the frame , under the engine... I might try and rout it a little different and get it farther back so I dont smell it... But its just a wiff at times when I shift.

Since the temps are higher now and sticky humidity has increased, sometimes it seems I get those whiffs a little bit more when I'm stopped in hot congested traffic or at long traffic lights . Think I'm starting to get use to it, because I don't dwell on it much anymore....not sure if that's a good thing or not.:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png