DKCUSTOM EBS

IMG_20190625_110116.jpgI did a 30 mile test run, there was a smell of oil and an oily mist was on the leading edge of the side cover, neither one was that bad. The bike did run stronger I believe, and more responsive. I'm pretty much satisfied, going to go with this setup unless forced to change it.

View attachment 73263

Install complete, kind of small but look okay. I haven't had time to test ride it yet. EBS, VIED, V&H straight shots leaves me curious how it's going to run.

I have the 606 Air Cleaner and use the stock 103 Cover. My Air Cleaner is pretty much fully exposed behind the cover as yours. I was not too comfortable with that, so I bought a Rain Sock which limits the amount of water and small debris that might get to the filter. May seem unnecessary for some, but was a comfort having to do a 1.5 hours ride in the rain.

View attachment 73269

I did a 30 mile test run, there was a smell of oil and an oily mist was on the leading edge of the side cover, neither one was that bad. The bike did run stronger I believe, and more responsive. I'm pretty much satisfied, going to go with this setup unless forced to change it.

Nice!

Reactions: MDO
I went for a little different installation. The M8 is not like the Twin Cam as far as hose routing options were concerned. So I got two cans and tied tem directly to the breather bolts. Since cylinders are call "jugs" I guess these can be called nipples :D

EBS 1.JPG

Still gotta tighten them up a little, but waiting until final assembly to final install everything. Perky little devils eh Kevin?

EBS 2.jpg

Very cool EBS Jeff, Where did you score this set up?

Sorry for the delayed reply Jack...

I made it from DK parts. The one can install caused me to have to route the hose in ways that I did not like as it looked bad (like an afterthought). Kevin has a nice picture of a twin cam with twin cans on his web site and I adapted that concept to the M8. Use the breather bolts that come with the kit. A pair of short lines. 4 hose clamp covers and two cans... and there she is.

One change since the photos is to go with braided steel line, even thought it does not show. It is stiffer than the hose and straightens out the line on them so they look almost like the factory put them on.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michigander
Back