Want to meet at The Tail of the Dragon?

Re: Feel like meeting at the Tail of the Dragon?

Mattel, have you gotten any takers on this ride idea? Mike and I love riding on the Dragon Tail and would jump at a chance to meet others there.... except that we have sworn not to leave the area for awhile as our daughter is about to pop out her baby and I am supposed to keep her son for her while she is in the hospital. Now, if you plan a trip like this for Spring or Summer next year, you could likely count us in!

+1 what Nana said! I would love to ride the Tail of the Dragon on my trike--once I get one. And I feel certain I'll have one by next spring, if not sooner--possibly in the next month or so.

But I'm a teacher, so my vacation time has to fit into school breaks, like Christmas break, spring break, summer break--you get the idea. But if dates can be worked out, I'd definitely be up for it. Probably bring along the Chief on his two-wheeler.:D

Feel like meeting at the Tail of the Dragon?

OK well lets pick a date in the Spring and an alternate rain date just in case. If you would like to plan to be with us just log on, and let us know how many members we can get. I would love to also get some of our Dealer members too!

Spring works for me! Just name a date. I'm in.....

Juju, what does your spring school schedule look like? Seems like that is likely cast in stone and we will need to work around it.

I have the week of 9 March (Monday) through 13 March (Friday) off for spring break. Also, if we want to wait until later in the spring, my school year is over entirely by 6 May.

So those are all my possibilities. But don't just work around me--I can also take a 4-day weekend almost anytime, since I'm only teaching Tuesday and Thursday in the spring.

Sounds good - Lets shoot for some dates in March. I will look at my schedule and post some dates. I would rather ride when it is a little cold.

Sounds good - Lets shoot for some dates in March. I will look at my schedule and post some dates. I would rather ride when it is a little cold.

Early March would be very difficult for us, but the end of March or any weekend in April would be very workable. I just looked at average temps for that area, and even April looks likes highs would only reach into the 60s, so it still wouldn't be hot then. If Juju can do the long weekend thing, maybe that would work out. A good site to look at is: Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
It has weather, scheduled events, and lots of other information about the area.

OK then let's shoot for April. I will try to pick some date soon.

Looking forward to it! Hope more people plan to come along.

Count me in as long as work doesn't bite me in the butt. April should be a good time.

Feel like meeting at the Tail of the Dragon Late April 17,18,19?

OK, Let's get this party started!

Let's start planning:

Agenda:
I was thinking of
1. meeting in Asheville, NC for a group dinner,
2. Sleeping in Asheville for the night
3. Meeting for a group breakfast near Biltmore House
4. Taking the Biltmore tour (I can work on a group rate)
5. Eat early Lunch Downtown Asheville
6. Group ride to the Tail of the Dragon
7. Any suggestions?
8. Group dinner? Location

We can also take a ride down to Lake Lure, or Maggy Valley, or Gatlinburg

Who is planning on attending?
Is this date OK with you?
Please make suggestions on a meeting time, route, anything else.
NOTHING IS SET IN STONE, I AM JUST PUTTING THIS OUT FOR COMMENT

HOW ABOUT APRIL 17,18,19?

Sounds really good to me. I just got online to contact you about dates. This is great. I can do this about anytime in April if the date is not good for everyone. I'm just happy to get to meet all. See you all soon!!

This sounds like fun. If I don't get beat up too bad on income tax I'll join you.
Just let us all know when the dates are locked in.

Adventurer

Re: Feel like meeting at the Tail of the Dragon Late April 17,18,19?

Mattel, the dates look good for us, and we will tentatively hold it for now. Everything else you've suggested sounds great too except Gatlinburg. I love it and have been there many times, but the traffic there gets worse and worse, and it can take hours to get anywhere in that town, especially for a group riding together. Maggie Valley is a great place. You also might tie in the Cherhola (spelling?) Parkway with the dragon run. Beautiful!
Nana

Re: Feel like meeting at the Tail of the Dragon on April 17,18,&19th

The date I am asking everyone block out is Friday Night April 17th. All day Saturday the 18th, and Sunday Morning the 19th.

I am not sure how long it takes to get from the Biltmore to the Tail. We may want to consider the night time tour if they are offering it on Friday night. Gatlinburg is out (per Nana)

Do we need to set a rain date too?

Who else is in?

Wow sounds like fun.........lets see, if I leave in late Feb. I might be able to make it there in time.........:D

freddie, but I want you there tooooo! That wouldbe such fun!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png