Anyone running. A120. ?

Well its been a rough month for big bird. First the scorred crank and cams. Now metal shavings in trans. No its not together. Between waiting on parts, mechanic went to school for a week, and then Christmas, and now this.
Come on 2013

Where did the metal shavings in the trans come from?

same as in the engine and primary AMSOIL i ran it in my honda's and never had a problem.
they told me from now on use hd

same as in the engine and primary AMSOIL i ran it in my honda's and never had a problem.
they told me from now on use hd

I agree you shouldn't have had an issue with the Amsoil, its exceeds all HD's specifications. If their trying to get you to run Syn3 in the trans I wouldn't. I ran it in the trans years ago, couldn't figure out why I was getting fuzzy metal pieces on the drain plug magnet when I changed oil. I switched to Redline Shockproof heavy and the fuzzies went away.

Yes I think I am going back to regular fluids. I have always thought the trans should use a heavier lube. Thats what im going to try.

Well took big bird out today to stretch her legs, only one word to describe it. AWESOME and its not even tuned yet. Its still a little rattley so they ordered some screaming eagle lifters thats supposed to quite it down.

Well took big bird out today to stretch her legs, only one word to describe it. AWESOME and its not even tuned yet. Its still a little rattley so they ordered some screaming eagle lifters thats supposed to quite it down.

Wow, kinda cold in Quincy ain't it? Glad to hear you had a chance to try it.

So, what build did you end up goin with? I know you were workin within a warranty. Did they or you get the tranny figured out? Well duh, I guess they did if your ridin it. Just woundered what that finale outcome was?

You sure had your share of problems, hope you have a good rideing season!!

Later, eighty80.

I went with the se stage IV kit pistons,heads,throttle body,and cams.
Its supposed to do about 110 hp and tq. So we will see when they get it on the dyno and tune it. It's pretty peppy now so im excited for it to be done.
Yes it was a tad chilly yesterday at 40

Sounds like your going to have a nice ride once its completed.

Hmmm... I was thinkin' it would have more than 110 hp...wouldnt it? We have a guy here with a souped up HD 120, and they think it is in the 120 to 130 range...but ...no trike dyno to find out fer sure.

mine is still a 103 not a 120
which i think is pretty respectable considering i still have a warrenty.
we are going on a 50 mile ride today because its going to be 50 degrees sounds good to me:wave4:pepper:Trike1::laugh::)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png