Anyone running. A120. ?

Oh!!..Well then,,that explains that...thought you had the 120...Sorry...110 is good on that 103!! They think my 103 is puttin' out around 100..but..dunno fer sure.. Have fun ridin today...wish were at 50...5 degrees here this morning...

That sounds like great numbers to me. I have 255 cams, Stage 1 air filter, fulsac x pipe, and Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons. And on the dyno I think the numbers were 86 hp. can't find dyno sheet right now. I was a little disapointed. But you are turning 2 big tires.

That sounds like great numbers to me. I have 255 cams, Stage 1 air filter, fulsac x pipe, and Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons. And on the dyno I think the numbers were 86 hp. can't find dyno sheet right now. I was a little disapointed. But you are turning 2 big tires.

Trikes don't normaly show as high of a number as 2 wheeler does, like you mentioned the extra rotating mass takes extra power.

I know i wont be pulling the 110 but im hoping for 100 at the wheels that would be very special. It runs great i have about 100 miles on it this weekend now of course its way to nipply out there to be playing.
Its a little loud at idle (valve train noise) so we are waiting for the se lifters mother harley says that will fix it right up so we will see.

I know i wont be pulling the 110 but im hoping for 100 at the wheels that would be very special. It runs great i have about 100 miles on it this weekend now of course its way to nipply out there to be playing.
Its a little loud at idle (valve train noise) so we are waiting for the se lifters mother harley says that will fix it right up so we will see.

If the person tuning it is sharp and your exhaust system is up to the task I would expect you should nip the 100 hp mark.

I wouldnt be concerned with the HP # as I would be shooting for the torque for a trike. My 117" I had in my trike on the dyno made 115ft pounds of torque starting @ 2500 rpms and carried through to almost 4000 rpms. This was with a Wood TW7H cam and compression @ 10.23.

If this had been a 2 wheel bike Im certain the engine would have been making +5 more ft pounds of torque. It would have done even better with the 09 and newer 2 into 1 2 style exhaust

Some reading to consider >> Engine Build Basics

Well here we go again. Noise still there put on dyno dissapointed hp 85 and tq 94 heads still noisy as hell. Now they want to pull the bigger heads port and polish the stock heads they say it should be a little better but I keep hearing that. Anyone have a dyno on this kit or one on the 120 with a trike? Just curious what the numbers are with the conversion kit,.

Sorry to hear that JJ.
I have not broke-in or had the 120R Trike dynoed yet. Too cold here.

Hope you get it figured out.

Later, eighty80.

Well here we go again. Noise still there put on dyno dissapointed hp 85 and tq 94 heads still noisy as hell. Now they want to pull the bigger heads port and polish the stock heads they say it should be a little better but I keep hearing that. Anyone have a dyno on this kit or one on the 120 with a trike? Just curious what the numbers are with the conversion kit,.

The stage 4 103 kit was the 259e cams used? What head gasket thickness was used? What air cleaner & exhaust system are you using?

If the 259 cam are installed those are some later closing cams for midrange to top end power. With the factory .045 head gasket ( if used )
I worked your numbers and cam up with this from the Big Boyz compression calculator assuming a zero piston to top of cylinder deck height with the 259e cam

Your static compression with cam 47 degree intake closing = 10.29

Your CCP should be almost 190 in each cylinder

With a thinner .035 head gasket such as a cometic

Your static compression is now 10.5

Your CCP is now 194

If your TDC of the piston is lower then the top of the cylinder this will effectively lower your compression

One thing I would like to say is those 259 cams In my opinion ( JMHO ) will not be the best fit for your trike and the 103 with the added weight. With a trike you want to stay in your torque range for that roll on power. The later intake closing of the 259 with the fact your riding a trike will be a poor performer for the rpms range you need power in.

Have the mechanic do a compression test on both cylinders holding the throttle body blade fully open. If you have ACRs they have to be disconnected while doing this. See what the cold crank compression on both cylinders. The front cylinder might be slightly higher then the rear by a few pounds

Also, your air cleaner setup and exhaust could also be a part of what is holding back your numbers on the dyno. Here is a discussion from another forum with a simliar build >> http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,30936.msg313066.html#msg313066
Some dyno sheets of the 259e cams >>http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index.php/topic,21351.25.html

As far as the lifter noise, those cams shouldnt have much noise the TDC intake is .182 and exhaust is .155 on the cam sheet. I dont know he valve spring pressure with those heads your running but they max out as per the SE Catalog with .585 lift. The 259e cams are a .579 lift. Close to max lift on the springs. May need to be look at the rocker box clearances and possibly the pushrods rubbing inside the tubes for possible areas for the noise your hearing.

Tom

Last edited:
Im running the big sucker air cleaner and rivco 2.25 slip ons and no cat

You shouldn't have much noise from that cam, did they use adjustable pushrods or or what came in the kit? The exhaust and air cleaner shouldn't hold you make enough to not clear 100/100. As FLTR2008Trike said, compression test for starters and also I'd do a leak down on it to make sure it didn't get hammered during break in and initial tuning. If the person tuning doesn't watch AFR and temps he can hammer a built in the blink of an eye.

This guy is very experienced so im pretty certain he knows whats going on. Its just everything weve done has been a nightmare I have seen him build motors for years without problems. Thats why we r going bonkers over all this. What results did you get on the dyno with your 103?

Here is a dyno sheet from a 2010 Streetglide 103" Screamin Eagle 259E cams

Here is the quote from the guy who got the dyno sheet and posted it >>

it's not my bike, and I did not assemble it or tune it, all I did was sell the guy two parts, but as I understand, it's SE AC, SE slip on Mufflers on HD stock head pipes, and I assume stock TB.....SE pistons, SE push rods, SE cam, SE FI tuner, etc

Here is a dyno sheet from a 103 with Kuryakyn TC 24D cams and Kuryakyn Perfect Storm system

Quote from Mike Roland who is the designer of Kuryakns cams, heads and mufflers >>
Been doing some testing again. This is a 2012 FLHX 103 that was bone stock. First we put on the Perfect Storm this one consists of Crusher Power Cell and Mellow Mufflers, Kury Alley Cat AC, and TTS. We then put in the WT TC-24D cams.

The Green run is stock, the red is the Perfect Storm, and the Blues is with the TC-24D cams added. The engine is bone stock otherwise. Notice the cams didn't lose any bottom end from the stock short duration cams.

For those who might think the graph is different, I don't print then scan my graphs. I exported the graph as an image and you have only one choice of display. I exported 2 images, one with max HP/TQ and one with conditions. I had to cut and paste in the conditions to the image with the max values.

Mike Roland

Hey JJ, when they built my motor they didn't put in the 58mm throttle body. They just came out with that last year. Had mine done in May of 2011. If they had put that in I might have gotten better numbers. I'm still happy with the performance,and still get real decent milage.My rear lifter went out with 5,000mi on. It took out the oil pump and the rear cam.MoCo wasn't going to warranty the cam but the dearlership picked that one up for me. They told me anything SE would be warranteed but guess what. They always find a way out. They wouldn't give me an extended warranty because it is a high performance engine. So if you got an extended warranty count youself lucky. I think it was the dearship that denied me.Just saying! Jim C.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png