Avon Cobra Trike Tyre

Post the email address and other, and myself, will be happy to ask.......:):):):):)

Springman

Glad to oblige. You can use this link to send a comment:
http://www.avonmoto.com/contact-us

or call them at 800-624-7470 or 330-928-9092

BTW, their office is located in Stow, Ohio. Is this far from you Springman? You could be the trike community advocate for other tire sizes. Who knows? You might even get the title of Ambassador.

:clapping::clapping:

Glad to oblige. You can use this link to send a comment:
http://www.avonmoto.com/contact-us

or call them at 800-624-7470 or 330-928-9092

BTW, their office is located in Stow, Ohio. Is this far from you Springman? You could be the trike community advocate for other tire sizes. Who knows? You might even get the title of Ambassador.

:clapping::clapping:

Email has been sent! Stow is about an hour away from where I live and next to Akron, OH where I work.

Springman

Save your breath everyone. As I stated in a earlier post I sent them a email and I got a reply today. Here is what David Alari had to say.

"We only make one part number for the trike tire.
We offer the other similar size for the motorcycle.
I will attach a catalog for your reference. You will see that there are two different part numbers.

Best regards,

DA,

David Alari
Latin American International Account Manager"

So take that for what it's worth. They only make 1 trike tire. I asked in my email if the other sizes had the same construction and flat profile as the Goldwing trike tire and as you can see, he didn't answer.

P.S. He needs to work on his command of the English language. "We offer the other similar size for the motorcycle". Really? Is that good grammar? I don't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Email has been sent! Stow is about an hour away from where I live and next to Akron, OH where I work.

Springman

OK, I'm closer to Stow than you are. I'LL be the ambassador! On second thought, you can have the position, I don't really want it and if you work in Akron, you probably go right by the there if you hit route 8 on your way to and from work.

Ease up Roadking. Few of us would recognize our ancestors native language. Have you ever listened to a Brit and wondered what the hell they were talking about?

Here's my reply from David:

Hello Bob,
Thanks for the kind feedback.
We do not currently offer a trike tire in 17 inch but we are reviewing it for the future.
Best regards,
DA,

Like all companies, they are in business to make a profit. If one tire line takes off, they'll likely try another. Then another.

History lesson for you - In 1898 Frank Seiberling bought an abandoned factory in Akron. Seiberling and his brother Charles founded The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, named in honor of Charles Goodyear. Two years later they showed their tire at the Auto Show in New York and it started selling.

So, maybe a couple of years for Avon to get a feel for the market is reasonable.

What other tire company is making a front tire for the triking community?

If you have insider information about other companies working on this, then let's hear it, we've been waiting a long time. Please share your insight.

Ease up Roadking. Few of us would recognize our ancestors native language. Have you ever listened to a Brit and wondered what the hell they were talking about?
You send a email to the company and he is the one that answered therefore he is the face of the company. Do you really think it's good policy for a large, major corporation having it's face appear uneducated unprofessional, and unable to communicate in a clear manner? I wasn't talking to any ancestor in any native language. I was corresponding with a corporation.

from "Business Writing For Dummies"
Clear business writing requires good grammar, spelling, and vocabulary and ruthless self-editing. You also need to make your business writing courteous, getting your point clearly across with civility. These tips can help you give a good impression with your business writing:

- - - Updated - - -

I have also seen many large businesses or corporations have other people send out letters, memos, and emails in someone's name. This could be the case for your return email Roadking2. I wouldn't automatically assume it was actually from the desk of David Alari just due to his name being within the email letter.
There could be a few "secretaries" that write and send out letters for Mr. Alari.

Just a possibility.

So please don't get into an argument without knowing all the facts for sure.

I have also seen many large businesses or corporations have other people send out letters, memos, and emails in someone's name. This could be the case for your return email Roadking2. I wouldn't automatically assume it was actually from the desk of David Alari just due to his name being within the email letter.
There could be a few "secretaries" that write and send out letters for Mr. Alari.

Just a possibility.

So please don't get into an argument without knowing all the facts for sure.

It makes no difference who wrote it. It was unprofessional for something that was going outside the company.

It makes no difference who wrote it. It was unprofessional for something that was going outside the company.

Enough already! Try calling customer service at Comcast, AT&T, Walmart, State Farm, or thousands of other companies. Who do you get? "Hello, my name is Tom." "Where are you located?" "Omaha."

Then comes "How may I help your problems today?" Really? Is that how they talk in Nebraska?

Avon has been making tires since 1885. Goodyear was started in 1899, in 1898 John Dunlop got a patent in Belfast for a bicycle tire. Firestone was founded in 1900. In 1997 Cooper Tire bought Avon Rubber PLC.

It's not like this is a knock off Chinese import made of crappy material.

Guess you cannot depend on the manufacturer for a straight answer, so where? To the folks that use the product and their experience.

Recently was at a Cycle Gear on a Sunday, a rider was passing through with OH license plate, big bulge on an almost new a new Metzler. Said he noticed it about thirty miles out and nursed it on in to the only place open. Having a tough time getting the front wheel off without the proper equipment. Fortunately a guy at Cycle gear had everything he needed except the proper jack to get the front wheel high enough for removal, they were improvising. He was not a happy camper.

Guys,

I guess, lets just chalk this one up as a "learning experience" and move on....

I say for those that want too, send them an email asking for front trike tires for other bikes...I will only take a minute or two and you can say "you gave it a shot"....

I have to confess, I never was crazy about Avon, they are OK. But, nothing to get excited over. So, lets just do what we have been doing: make-do with what we have and hope something better comes along......

Springman

Guess that's good advice, I never was a fan of Avon Cobras either, but open to the experience of others on this special edition for trikers. My experience was, rubber on the foot print way too soft and prone to cupping, could not get any mileage wear. That was then, this is now, so I shall watch.

Guys,

I guess, lets just chalk this one up as a "learning experience" and move on....

I say for those that want too, send them an email asking for front trike tires for other bikes...I will only take a minute or two and you can say "you gave it a shot"....

I have to confess, I never was crazy about Avon, they are OK. But, nothing to get excited over. So, lets just do what we have been doing: make-do with what we have and hope something better comes along......

Springman

Maybe we should skip Avon and go to Metzeler, Michelin, or Dunlop or any of the other manufacturers and ask them to get on the ball and develop front tires for a trike.

Maybe we should skip Avon and go to Metzeler, Michelin, or Dunlop or any of the other manufacturers and ask them to get on the ball and develop front tires for a trike.

I have to say that in an ideal world this would be a joint project taken up by Harley and Dunlop....

That way it would probably find its way to new TGs and FWs; and, be a general stock item at Harley Dealers - lord knows we all have sought out an HD Dealer a time or two..... And, I have to tell you that I easily chose it under that guise....

Well, just my take on it - or wish....

Springman

Well I wen't ahead and bought one waited a few days for delivery and when it arrived it was a Cobra bike tyre! At least they took it back. I'm told by Avon UK that they will be making a batch soon and will be available in the UK. I will get one as soon as their available. Been riding trikes since 2002 and have done quite a few miles, it will be nice to have a purpose made tyre for the trike.

Guys, A few details that I have found with several weeks of research for my trike. I saw that Avon had a trike tire for Honda, and since my trike is a Harley Ultra Classic conversion I decided to see if they have one for my machine. After some research I found that there is a tire named "Avon Front Cobra AV71 Trike MT90HB-16 Blackwall". This tire has an Avon part number of 90000023950 and can be found on the Dennis Kirk web site (https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/fro...kwall-tire-90000023950.p544808.prd/544808.sku). There is an alternate part number for this same tire that is used by Drag Specialties and a few other vendors (90000025025). I did not order a tire from these vendors, but I did contact my local indy to get it. They put the order in and a tire arrived with a paper label indicating it was a trike tire, but it was for a two wheeler. (The trike tire will have "Trike" on the sidewall). I know there is sometimes confusion between the Trike version and two wheel version, but the paper label in this case indicated it was for a trike. I hope that the part numbers and other information will be useful. Anyway, the tire should arrive a in day or two and I will post an update once I have a few miles on it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back