Avon Cobra Trike Tyre

Guys, A few details that I have found with several weeks of research for my trike. I saw that Avon had a trike tire for Honda, and since my trike is a Harley Ultra Classic conversion I decided to see if they have one for my machine. After some research I found that there is a tire named "Avon Front Cobra AV71 Trike MT90HB-16 Blackwall". This tire has an Avon part number of 90000023950 and can be found on the Dennis Kirk web site (https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/fron...prd/544808.sku). There is an alternate part number for this same tire that is used by Drag Specialties and a few other vendors (90000025025). I did not order a tire from these vendors, but I did contact my local indy to get it. They put the order in and a tire arrived with a paper label indicating it was a trike tire, but it was for a two wheeler. (The trike tire will have "Trike" on the sidewall). I know there is sometimes confusion between the Trike version and two wheel version, but the paper label in this case indicated it was for a trike. I hope that the part numbers and other information will be useful.

Anyway, the tire should arrive a in day or two and I will post an update once I have a few miles on it.

Well now I am confused... I had my local indy shop order and install the "Avon Cobra AV71 MT90HB-16 Blackwall" a week ago. About 1000 miles later, and I am thrilled with the ride and handling improvement. Then I read this, and go look at my front tire, and it says "Avon Cobra AV71 MT90HB-16 Blackwall", but I do not see "Trike" anywhere. It is obviously too late to go back to the shop about it. What is the difference between the trike and non-trike versions? Well, at this point, I guess I will enjoy the Avon Cobra for the improvements I already see over the OEM Dunlop.

A follow up to my post back on May 19th. The shop got the right tire, and this one has Trike on the side wall. I had it mounted but have not had much time to ride since then. Today I put on about 80 miles traveling many different types of roads, and the tire performs much better then the stock Harley Dunlop front tire. The Dunlop that this tire replaced only had a couple thousand miles on it, so it appears that the Avon may be a much better option for anyone looking for a trike front tire. Just an FYI, my trike is a Harley Ultra Classic with the MotorTrike kit. The Ultra Classic, Tri Glide and many other large Harley models use this same 16 inch front tire.

Quick update on my experience with the Avon tire. I have just at 4000 miles on the tire now; I just measured the tread depth last week, just at 10/32 The depth was 11/32 when new. In the time I have had it, I have been to the Dragon twice. The first time, I had the tire inflated to 36psi; I experience some "chatter" in the hard curves. The second time, I bumped the tire up to 40psi and the trike handled like it was on rails. I was very pleased; I would definitely buy this tire again

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back