Closer to newer trike

Notgrownup

650+ Posts
Oct 27, 2021
Snow Hill NC USA
Well I have my 14 Tri Glide for sale but am thinking of foregoing this and going to a dealer and trade. I found a local Non Harley dealer that has 3 black Tri Glide in stock, 2 20’s and a 21 all black with low miles. I might put mine in the trailer and haul it there Saturday to see what kind of deal we can make. All 3 are pretty stock , all have luggage racks, pipes, 2 have apes 1 has stock bars, other than that they look stock. They are about 3 hours away and $2000 less than one at a HD dealer about 20 minutes away. Will keep y’all posted.

I know I would get more by selling it myself but not sure I want to deal with tire kickers.

Well I have my 14 Tri Glide for sale but am thinking of foregoing this and going to a dealer and trade. I found a local Non Harley dealer that has 3 black Tri Glide in stock, 2 20’s and a 21 all black with low miles. I might put mine in the trailer and haul it there Saturday to see what kind of deal we can make. All 3 are pretty stock , all have luggage racks, pipes, 2 have apes 1 has stock bars, other than that they look stock. They are about 3 hours away and $2000 less than one at a HD dealer about 20 minutes away. Will keep y’all posted.

I know I would get more by selling it myself but not sure I want to deal with tire kickers.

The problem selling out wright is a lot of people have to finance, buying from a dealer you walk in they finance everything including accessories, go to bank or credit union on your own can be a pain in the ass. In mass. if you trade in you only have to pay sales tax on the trade difference that could be $1200 - $1500. I always just trade it its done & gone nobody calling bitchin at you, I went to go for a ride today & my tires look soft, Bullshit you don't need. This is my Opinion.:xzqxz:

The problem selling out wright is a lot of people have to finance, buying from a dealer you walk in they finance everything including accessories, go to bank or credit union on your own can be a pain in the ass. In mass. if you trade in you only have to pay sales tax on the trade difference that could be $1200 - $1500. I always just trade it its done & gone nobody calling bitchin at you, I went to go for a ride today & my tires look soft, Bullshit you don't need. This is my Opinion.:xzqxz:

I will always trade in a vehicle. Or I’ll give it away gratis to one of my sons but in no way. Will I try to sell it myself and then have to deal with the great unwashed that comes knocking on my door looking for bargains…Or the retired guys who always ask can you do better on the price..Boo~Hoo..I’m on a fixed income..😢..

I sold one car out right . I wasn't even thinking about selling they came to me. They took it for a test drive and it broke down . just had a loose wire no big deal . they only paid what I had put into it 4 tires a alternator and regulator . even gave them a copy of the parts. 1 month later it blew up. Started telling everyone I ripped them off. So at the local store I confronted them in front of a lot of locals and made them look like total a holes . That is and was the only time I will ever do that. Trade only

To me, its worth losing the extra money I MIGHT could have made by selling it myself instead of trading it to a dealer than to hassle with people - for all the reasons mentioned above.

They have a 2020 & 2021 both black, both with below 2000 miles both with the apes, luggage rack, bumper , basically same bike but $3000 less for the 2020. I am torn. The only reason I wanted the newer on was because of the bugs would’ve been worked out after the first year but that was 2019 right? Was the oil transfer issue resolved on all 2020? Is there anything else?

They have a 2020 & 2021 both black, both with below 2000 miles both with the apes, luggage rack, bumper , basically same bike but $3000 less for the 2020. I am torn. The only reason I wanted the newer on was because of the bugs would’ve been worked out after the first year but that was 2019 right? Was the oil transfer issue resolved on all 2020? Is there anything else?

The transfer issue was resolved in 2019…..With a vent tube on the primary case…But to be cautious ask the dealer to do a DNA on them to make sure they have the vent…

Go for the 2021, it is newer, it has everything the 2020 has and about the same miles, I would go for the 2021 myself, $3,000 is not bad for 1 year difference IMHO, good luck on your decision.

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png