Deadwood Trike Rally 2018

I really need to get there this year. I enjoy the Black Hills.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for responding to the thread. I sure hope that you can make it to the rally. The rally's formal reservation will soon be up and running via its website http://www.d3wr.com. Please bookmark this site so that you can refer to it often. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me an email. My address is given at the bottom of this post.

pmar6004

I just made reservations at Dakota Spur Hotel Lead, SD. Not many rooms left in Deadwood.

Welcome aboard Jerry. Will this your first visit to the Black Hills? If so, I think you'll find the scenery simply fantastic with some of the best triking/motorcycling roads east of the Rockies. Thanks for the lodging update for Deadwood, as it's not surprising that most rooms have been taken. For others that are interested in attending the Deadwood 3 Wheel Rally, here's a link to Deadwood's Chamber of Commerce which might be helpful as a first resource to finding lodging.

http://www.deadwood.com/chamber-info/.

pmar6004

I went to Sturgis about four years ago. Weather was bad didn't get to ride much. Looking forward to some good rides, with all the good people.

You'll find them both and then some, while attending the rally. Hope you can hook up with my good friend Bill (PosseRider). Having someone to make the journey with makes for a much more interesting and enjoyable ride, not to mention one that is safer, as well. Take care...!

pmar6004

Deadwood ralley

Are there any campgrounds recommended?

We will be coming out with the RV?

Thanks

Ride safe

Geo

We stayed at the Days of 76 rodeo grounds, they have RV sites, it's pretty decent, and it's right there where everything is happening. No sewer hook-ups at the sites, but they do have a trailer dump.

Thanks

Ride safe

Geo

Hi George,

Yes, there are quite a number of nearby campgrounds to chose from. Here's a link, which gives you the websites to a number of campgrounds http://www.deadwood.com/chamber-info/. Don't forget to register for the rally if you haven't already. http://www.d3wr.com is where you can register. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

pmar6004

Thanks

Ride safe

Geo

We stayed in Elkhorn Ridge RV Park just outside of Spearfish SD Geo. It is a very nice CG with large sites, full hook-ups, and a really nice pool. What we liked about it was the location (close to interstate plus only 10 minutes away from rally).

I hope to be able to come to the Deadwood Rally next year.

I've been to that area a few years ago, but I was in my car.

I got some great views of the scenery since it's a convertible, but I think the bike will be much more fun.

Put some posters out in the DFW area for the rally last year. Really going to try and make the rally in 2018. Be glad to get the posters out again if needed. Maybe this time it won't cost me several thousand dollars to do so (last year the wife and I found a new Motor Trike reverse trike at one of the stops and ended up making a buy we had not intended.) Geez.

PM me about the posters.

I hope to be able to come to the Deadwood Rally next year.

I've been to that area a few years ago, but I was in my car.

I got some great views of the scenery since it's a convertible, but I think the bike will be much more fun.

Hi Weldon,

David (Trikeman) is right when he said that nothing compares to unobstructed viewing when traveling by trike as compared to other modes of travel. I sure hope that you can make the Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally next year (2018). Please bookmark the rally's website http://www.d3wr.com on your computer where you can register and keep abreast of any changes to the rally's schedule of events.

pmar6004

Put some posters out in the DFW area for the rally last year. Really going to try and make the rally in 2018. Be glad to get the posters out again if needed. Maybe this time it won't cost me several thousand dollars to do so (last year the wife and I found a new Motor Trike reverse trike at one of the stops and ended up making a buy we had not intended.) Geez.

PM me about the posters.

Hi Gary,

Regarding getting some posters for promoting the rally, I don't think that Teresa has got them printed yet, but thanks for asking and for your support. Teresa will be sure to respond if you would send her an email. Her email address is teresas@firstgold.com. Hope that you can, not only promote the rally, but that you can attend it as well. Thanks again....

pmar6004

Question for those that have attended in the past: Is this a trike rally or a Can-Am event ?

Just saw a listing on FB of early entries for this year's event and out of 42 registered, 35 are Can-Ams. Five Harleys and two "others" made up the balance. Just curious :confused::confused::confused:

Question for those that have attended in the past: Is this a trike rally or a Can-Am event ?

Just saw a listing on FB of early entries for this year's event and out of 42 registered, 35 are Can-Ams. Five Harleys and two "others" made up the balance. Just curious :confused::confused::confused:

There are probably a lot more Can-Am and Spiders than Harleys. I'm sure someone will post with a count. That was a little bit of a disappointment for me since I'm not really interested in those other brands of trikes. But it was all good just to be introduced to that area and meet some good folks.

This is a "Trike" rally but many Spyders riders attend. The major western Spyder Rally "Red Rock Spyder Rally" in St. George is taking a vacation for 2018 so Deadwood 3 wheeler Rally may draw more Spyders this year.

OK - thanks for the info. Guess I will reassess my plans as I am not really interested in a rally consisting of mostly Can-Ams. Still plan on hitting the area again this year, will probably change my room reservation to different time frame. The best part of the Sturgis rally last year was the riding opportunities in the area and that can be done anytime......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png