Front Tire

pddgm

90+ Posts
May 15, 2014
Sunrise Beach, MO
It is time to replace the front tire on my trike, and I am wonder what others have tried and had good steering response? The one on mine is a harley front tire that was most likely on the bike when they triked it. I always used American Elite on my 05 Ultra and loved the mileage and wear...just not sure that tread design will work on the trike...Wish someone made a front tire specific for trikes..

It is time to replace the front tire on my trike, and I am wonder what others have tried and had good steering response? The one on mine is a harley front tire that was most likely on the bike when they triked it. I always used American Elite on my 05 Ultra and loved the mileage and wear...just not sure that tread design will work on the trike...Wish someone made a front tire specific for trikes..
Avon does but some are having a vibration issues. I run a Michelin Commander II rear tire reversed on the front. For a few dollars more you 9/32 versus 5/32 front tire. When the time comes I'm going to the new Commander III Touring good luck on your choice Fred

I run the Avon Chrome Trike tire and have not had any vibration issues. Had the original Avon trike tire previously with no issues. I even ran Avon tires on my last few two wheelers with no issues. They all handled really well and I get good mileage out of them.

If your front tire is a 130/90-16 the Avon MT/90B16RF is your size. It has 8.7mm (~11/32) of tread.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back