Gas Prices- $2.04 gallon!

$1.81 last night here in Dothan. My goodness, gas is almost getting reasonable(?)! Remember when we screamed and yelled during the Iranian crisis, and gas went to an unbelievable 58 cents per gallon???? Ahhh, those were the days. I can remember growing up northwest of Detroit, and during the "gas wars" you could get regular for 18 cents a gallon, but High Test was really expensive. . .yep, 27 cents a gallon!

$1.81 last night here in Dothan. My goodness, gas is almost getting reasonable(?)! Remember when we screamed and yelled during the Iranian crisis, and gas went to an unbelievable 58 cents per gallon???? Ahhh, those were the days. I can remember growing up northwest of Detroit, and during the "gas wars" you could get regular for 18 cents a gallon, but High Test was really expensive. . .yep, 27 cents a gallon!

Oh man, are you old!!!!!! :eek:
But I remember similar pricing, so guess I am too.

glacierbear
I also can remember 18 cents. :eek:
Nana's right old,old,old .
glacierbear is that a reference to your age. ;):D:D

I don't recall the $.18, but my first car... age 17 and the thrill when a gas war happened a block from my dorm and prices dropped at two stations down to $.23 for a few days, down from somewhere in the 32-35 cent range!!!! Filled that baby up for sure. I do think Juju and I might be younger than some of you --- in our minds, anyway :D.

Re: Gas Prices- $1.99 gallon!

Gas station in Leesburg, Florida today.........tomorrow it will probably be less!! The cheapest gas I can recall (when I lived in South Florida and there was a "gas war") it was $.19 a gallon in the late 1950's. :)
IMG_0436.jpg

I do think Juju and I might be younger than some of you --- in our minds, anyway :D.
YOUNGER, did you say YOUNGER? You hurt my feelings! :(;):D

Gas station in Leesburg, Florida today.........tomorrow it will probably be less!! The cheapest gas I can recall (when I lived in South Florida and there was a "gas war") it was $.19 a gallon in the late 1950's. :)
IMG_0436.jpg

Did you say today? Where's the SNOW

Got gas here in Dobson, NC for $1.989 a gallon. I can remember pumping gas at a full service gas station in NNY for 23 cents a gallon. Now we pay the big bucks and have to pump our own! Oh the times have sure changed. Gone but not forgotten, sigh. hermit

I remember the GAS WARS then gas got down into the teens Thinking 1957 1960. and they pumped it , they gave you green stamps or a coffee cup etc. They checked your tires , your oil and cleaned the windshield. and you got change back from a $5.00 on a fill up. We didn't care that the car only got 8 to 10 miles to a gallon. Heck back then a 200 mile trip was an adventure.\ overnight vacation. :D

I also remember gas wars. Not down to 0.18 ct but here in Cal. I remember 20-25 cents.Could fill up my VW for a few dollars.
Ken

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png