Gas Prices- $2.04 gallon!

259.9 in Kentucky today...tomorrow???? who knows.

Does it really matter? got to have it...they have us by the ...well you know.

$2.38 at a gas station in a small town in Central Indiana. 10 miles away in a major Indiana city $2.61. Oh, same brand of gas by the way.

$2.38 at a gas station in a small town in Central Indiana. 10 miles away in a major Indiana city $2.61. Oh, same brand of gas by the way.

My Wife manages a QUIK MART SHELL owned by Edwards Oil. They have 52 Stores across Southern Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama. To service these Stores requires 17 different blends of gasoline (the two adjoining Counties here vary...one requires 14 additives, the other 17 with two Stores only 7 miles apart...) mandated by the EPA, and other factors with prices varying right now from $2.29 to $2.84 with the cheapest having the highest profit margin (still very small). It's all POLITICAL and RIDICULOUS, and governed on the "TOP"......:rolleyes:

My Wife manages a QUIK MART SHELL owned by Edwards Oil. They have 52 Stores across Southern Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama. To service these Stores requires 17 different blends of gasoline (the two adjoining Counties here vary...one requires 14 additives, the other 17 with two Stores only 7 miles apart...) mandated by the EPA, and other factors with prices varying right now from $2.29 to $2.84 with the cheapest having the highest profit margin (still very small). It's all POLITICAL and RIDICULOUS, and governed on the "TOP"......:rolleyes:

My wife's cousin is the owner of a certain oil company w/stations in 3 states.
While what you say may be true, explain how one time the station in the small town, in the same county can be as much as $.20+ cheaper than the big city one, then 2 weeks later it's the exact opposite. The station in the small town is $.20+ higher than the one 10 miles done the road in the big city. Not normally that much difference but, it has happened.
Also, any chance you could identify identify what "additives" you mean.

If oil gets down to 40 dollars a barrel you will see major layoffs in all sectors of the US, in the range of 10 times what it is now. Oil that is found and produced here in the US does not stay in the US. it is sold to oversea companies at a higher price then the oil companies pay for Middle East oil. Our oil is light sweet crude and is highly prized by everyone everywhere, so we sell it to them and in return buy their thicker crute our refineries are set up to refine. I base this on 40 years around the oil patch in one position or another.

Man you guys have got it so good get a calculatoer Here downunder at the moment it's Unleaded is $1.27 a litre and up to $1.98 for 98ron.

My wife's cousin is the owner of a certain oil company w/stations in 3 states.
While what you say may be true, explain how one time the station in the small town, in the same county can be as much as $.20+ cheaper than the big city one, then 2 weeks later it's the exact opposite. The station in the small town is $.20+ higher than the one 10 miles done the road in the big city. Not normally that much difference but, it has happened.
Also, any chance you could identify identify what "additives" you mean.

Usually if the Gas varies that much at different Stations in the same County/City (happened to my Wife in May...Her Store was set at 11 cents per gallon more than the two Sister Stores for about 4 days), it's because one of em' got Deliveries from a batch that had gone up.....I will try to get more INFO from the SHELL Chemical Engineer that comes by and Rolling Lab Tests the Gas every other week. He gave me my initial additive info one day. Also told me that East Tennessee Gasolines get far less additives over-all than Middle and West Tennessee.....:cool:

$2.42 in Denton, TX. you'd think with all the oil that TX is famous for it would be lower. Oh well, there has to be a downside to being a Texan.

Still $2.70 a gallon in Wi.
In 1963, I bought a new 1963 Impala SS 409-425hp 4.11 gears 4 speed.
Good thing gas was 15 to 20 cents a gallon back then because I got between 6 to 11 mpg with it.

This morning on Fox News they said it was $1.99 at a station in S.C. It would be great if it would stay below $2.00 a gallon.

Not much chance of that, for the long run. Presently falling prices are courtesy of our economy being in the dumpster but won't last since no one is being allowed to develop US crude reserves (especially in the Gulf) and since the economies of India and China are growing so rapidly.

Still $2.70 a gallon in Wi.
In 1963, I bought a new 1963 Impala SS 409-425hp 4.11 gears 4 speed.
Good thing gas was 15 to 20 cents a gallon back then because I got between 6 to 11 mpg with it.

I bet most of the time it was closer to the 6mph figure. What a wonderful beast that car was. If you don't have it I bet you wish you did.

Back