Hannigan Goldwing Tri-Car

The one I rode had the sidecar set up for thier 8 or 9 year old son. The car had a seperate CD/Mp3 stereo so he wouldn't have to listen to the old folks music, and they wouldn't have to listen to the crap, uh, rap music he liked. It had a TV with a DVD player and a game system, intercom to the parents, and a seatbelt was installed.

Even though it is enclosed, be aware that some states may still require a helmet on the passenger, especially on a minor. Some others may have an age limit, too. I know it's not a factor with you daughter, but Arkansas says no one under age 8 can be a passenger on a motorcycle, there is no provision for a sidecar rider as far as I can find out.

Heidi, Check Florida Statute 316.211.3.a to see what you are required to do reference a helmet. Basicly it says if they are in the ENCLOSED cab then no, otherwise yes. I would suggest yes anyway.

Oh we wouldn't ever consider letting her ride without a helmet, bubble on or not.

As far as music choices goes, she loves our music. Bruce Springsteen, and Flogging Molly are the first choices. Styx, Dire Straits, Pat Benetar, Aerosmith, and all the other great 80s rock classics too.

We did get her a 12 volt so she can listen to her iPod and watch DVDs if she wants.

This morning she came to me and said:"

"Mom, I found something I don't like about the Flash.."

"What, honey?"

"Dad told me we don't have time to ride today. It stinks we cant go everyday!" :yes:

Pictures at last!

Here are Alan, Jaime and I on our maiden voyage together. What a blast we are having.

This vehicle is opening life up to a totally new way of spending time together. Wow!

Tonite, Jaime finished her homework early, so we hopped on Flash, went for a 45 minute ride around the Tarpon Springs Bayous and then out for supper. Then we enjoyed the night sky under a full moon for the ride home.

Life is wonderful!!!

I found one for sale on the GL-1800 riders website, there is an offering of a 2002 with 15000 miles on it, sounds like a steal for $31,000.00. The trike is located in Blue Ridge, VA. E-mail vet2000vet@aol.com for more info, it was posted two days ago at their site.
Thank you,
Trike Lady

Last edited:
Hi Heidi that looks like a real load of fun
I did think about importing one into the uk but have opted for the Hannigan trike kitt instead i think we would have issues trying to get that legal in the uk but great to see a family having so much fun steve and tracey uk Hannigan parents to be

Thanks Steve!

It is a blast. We took it to North Carolina this summer and had a wonderful time going through the mountains...did "the Dragon" on it. It's a blast!