Hood wouldn't open!

Has this ever happened to you. A couple of days ago I needed to lift the hood of my Stallion and it would only come up about two inches. I tried and tried to get it to go up but it wouldn't. Finally after a while I stood up in the trike and gave a quick jerk and the hood went ahead and raised up. I looked the lock downs all over and worked them by hand and even lubed them, but everything seemed to work just fine. When I put the hood down very slowly to see if something would catch it. What I found out was, the night before I drove the trike in a tight curve to the right in the lawn to park it and the cotter pin in the steering arm was catching on the back of the instrument panel. Mystery solved! I just straightened the front wheel a little and the hood worked just fine. It certainly had me going for a while.

Jerry

Glad it worked out for you. Those hood pins a tough to get at from underneath. WE all need to look at that pin to make sure it does not catch the body like yours did,

Here is another hood latch issue. After 8 years of putting up with the occasional sticking latch on one side, today I took the time to see that the slack in the cable was not equal on both sides. Feel the slack or free play at the latch with the hood open. One side (right) had more slack thus not pulling open as evenly as the left side. I used a large crescent wrench and slightly bent the bracket which the cable comes through. Checked the slack on both sides, had to bend it a second time and now works better than it ever has. Tomg

Has this ever happened to you. A couple of days ago I needed to lift the hood of my Stallion and it would only come up about two inches. I tried and tried to get it to go up but it wouldn't. Finally after a while I stood up in the trike and gave a quick jerk and the hood went ahead and raised up. I looked the lock downs all over and worked them by hand and even lubed them, but everything seemed to work just fine. When I put the hood down very slowly to see if something would catch it. What I found out was, the night before I drove the trike in a tight curve to the right in the lawn to park it and the cotter pin in the steering arm was catching on the back of the instrument panel. Mystery solved! I just straightened the front wheel a little and the hood worked just fine. It certainly had me going for a while.

Jerry

I cut my cable off....don't use a locking system on front no more...

ODDOMAN

South Carolina

By cutting the cables, you are eliminating a safety feature to keep the hood secure in the event of a possible accident. You might want to rethink that. Just my thoughts.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back