I am almost convinced...rear tire on front wheel & TG is running great!

Smitty, glad you had a safe trip and thanks for the tire review, but I feel you’re spreading some false information here. Pretty sure it was Noah waiting with the big boat.

rear tire on front wheel of trike

I've been asking (posting) about changing the front tire on a trike to something different, and found this older post. Does anyone have any more info, or an update to the experience of the rear tire on the front wheel?

Thanks for the input guys, very helpful, especially the video from DK products.

I put about 10000 miles on my D402 mounted reverse nd had no adverse effects and cut through the wet roads perfectly on 2 trips pulling a trailer as well.

New Rear Tires

I'm thinking of buying new rear tires.

My trike is a 2018 and the Dunlop Signature tires are stamped manufactured in Feb 2018.

They look good and have about 4mm - 5mm of tread left. (about 5-6/32"). New ones should have a full 11/32".

Sidewalls look good, but approaching 6 years I'm thinking they might be getting hard. I am planning a 5,000 mile trip summer of 2024.

I think that for peace of mind, and not wanting to wait until they rot, I should go ahead and buy a new set.

Is there a softer sidewall out there that might smooth the ride?

Michelin Defender. I put them on my 14 and last ride with it was Nova Scotia Cabot Trail and Quebec , New Brunswick ride. I sold the bike when I got home to trade fora 21. They were smooth. I will go with them again when my stockers are worn.

Back