JUST KNIVES

Can't exactly say I've done any whittling in a very long time... mainly when I was younger. Those were the days where if you saw a kid with a knife your parent's weren't sent to jail and the children taken away....

Can't exactly say I've done any whittling in a very long time... mainly when I was younger. Those were the days where if you saw a kid with a knife your parent's weren't sent to jail and the children taken away....

My parents let me have a 1" key chain folding knife when I was around 6. Wouldn't cut butter. Then at around 10, I bought a Barlow at Summer camp for 50 cents. Still have it somewhere. I also have the first piece I ever whittled. (my index finger)

My parents let me have a 1" key chain folding knife when I was around 6. Wouldn't cut butter. Then at around 10, I bought a Barlow at Summer camp for 50 cents. Still have it somewhere. I also have the first piece I ever whittled. (my index finger)

Have a Barlow , could never keep an edge on it. Can’t even find it !

Everyones got some cheapies, hers a few that were readivly easy to find.image.jpg

I'll bet there are a lot of memories to go along with them. Tell me more about the white handled one in the middle.

Hook and small razor with a cracked plastic . I have other hookers , need to root and find them.

They all got used and abused , except the one on the right. A cheapie given to all FD members a while back. Still a vergin

Well got a few of my goodies in today from last week with just one issue... tracking shows one package delivered but it's not in the mailbox :gah:

....this is why I hate community boxes.

We had 6 of 7 delivered, the one missing probably wound up in another persons slot. It happens way too often now...but the neighbors usually bring us our mail. Sure hope their honest.... that one had two little knifes in it. ☹

Just an update, my package was delivered to the correct house # but the wrong street... oddly enough I had received one of there packages at one time and took it to them. Sad thing is he brought me someone else's 1st from the street over from him. I pointed this out so he went back to check again and bingo, he came back with it. I just have to wonder just how many times this has happened and it was kept.

Just an update, my package was delivered to the correct house # but the wrong street... oddly enough I had received one of there packages at one time and took it to them. Sad thing is he brought me someone else's 1st from the street over from him. I pointed this out so he went back to check again and bingo, he came back with it. I just have to wonder just how many times this has happened and it was kept.

Yeah, you gotta wonder. At least you got it this time!

Yeah, you gotta wonder. At least you got it this time!

I gotta tell on Randall. I took his knives to the Post Office this morning. I also bought a roll of 100 stamps. I texted him a picture of the receipt showing $71.15. I made no comment.

He said "Man, they really went up on the shipping. I may have to sell a kidney".

After a minute, I told him the shipping was only $16.15. APRIL FOOLS

Insured with signature required.

I gotta tell on Randall. I took his knives to the Post Office this morning. I also bought a roll of 100 stamps. I texted him a picture of the receipt showing $71.15. I made no comment.

He said "Man, they really went up on the shipping. I may have to sell a kidney".

After a minute, I told him the shipping was only $16.15. APRIL FOOLS

Insured with signature required.

Oh... yeah he got me alright, was getting my things packed to go stay with Frank after I told Michele how much it was goin to be :bashtroll:

Needless to say, I was quite relieved once I found out.

That Bill... such a jokester :gah:

Well lo and behold I found that Buck knife I was looking for, only it isn't a Buck. It is the knife I was looking for though. I forgot I was using this knife to castrate any young calves before my neighbor said he would buy every single one I could deliver. So this knife has sat in the barn for the last 8 to 10 years. But instead of a Buck it's a Chicago Cutlery knife. I really liked the feel of this knife and boy does it every have a razor edge and easy to keep that way. Which is why it got used to change bulls into girly bullettes. My wife has been searching for this knife too only she was thinking of a different knife and found my Old Timer I carry for years that got very abused. Stopped carrying it when the main blade could be moved side to side by almost a quarter inch. But I tired to clean both up a little so they were a little more presentable. I think the Old Timer is stamped 3301 or maybe it's 3307, I can't tell for sure. It's a 4 or a little less. The Chicago knife is stamped P22.

feA0AFI.jpg

gVFjzLk.jpg

Last edited:
Well lo and behold I found that Buck knife I was looking for, only it isn't a Buck. It is the knife I was looking for though. I forgot I was using this knife to castrate any young calves before my neighbor said he would buy every single one I could deliver. So this knife has sat in the barn for the last 8 to 10 years. But instead of a Buck it's a Chicago Cutlery knife. I really liked the feel of this knife and boy does it every have a razor edge and easy to keep that way. Which is why it got used to change bulls into girly bullettes. My wife has been searching for this knife too only she was thinking of a different knife and found my Old Timer I carry for years that got very abused. Stopped carrying it when the main blade could be moved side to side by almost a quarter inch. But I tired to clean both up a little so they were a little more presentable. I think the Old Timer is stamped 3301 or maybe it's 3307, I can't tell for sure. It's a 4 or a little less. The Chicago knife is stamped P22.

feA0AFI.jpg

gVFjzLk.jpg

Brother...that P22 is very rare! Put that puppy up in a safe place there hard to come by. P19 and P22 are my favorites. They are good and heavy duty, the blades are high carbon steel. If what I read online is true, these were only produced for a short time in late 70’s and early 80’s, and are “rare.”

Your's is excellent condition!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png