JUST KNIVES

Well lo and behold I found that Buck knife I was looking for, only it isn't a Buck. It is the knife I was looking for though. I forgot I was using this knife to castrate any young calves before my neighbor said he would buy every single one I could deliver. So this knife has sat in the barn for the last 8 to 10 years. But instead of a Buck it's a Chicago Cutlery knife. I really liked the feel of this knife and boy does it every have a razor edge and easy to keep that way. Which is why it got used to change bulls into girly bullettes. My wife has been searching for this knife too only she was thinking of a different knife and found my Old Timer I carry for years that got very abused. Stopped carrying it when the main blade could be moved side to side by almost a quarter inch. But I tired to clean both up a little so they were a little more presentable. I think the Old Timer is stamped 3301 or maybe it's 3307, I can't tell for sure. It's a 4 or a little less. The Chicago knife is stamped P22.

They are both nice work knives. Good to see some being used. These new ones I am finding are just going to get looked at mostly.

The Schrade is a model 33 OT (Old Timer) stockman. If you decide to replace it, get an older one. They went bankrupt in 2004 and a Chinese company is making the new ones.

They are both nice work knives. Good to see some being used. These new ones I am finding are just going to get looked at mostly.

The Schrade is a model 33 OT (Old Timer) stockman. If you decide to replace it, get an older one. They went bankrupt in 2004 and a Chinese company is making the new ones.

You do know your knives!!! Thanks for the info.

Randall, nice Camillus. Let's keep it a Camillus day. Here's an Official Boy Scout Knife. It's a dual lockback. A big sucker, it is 5" long closed. I have only found one other like it online. The tang stamp is from 1989-2007.

BoyScout.JPG

Check out ; Wasp Injection Knife

Primaraly used by divers , but also a good self defense knife for campers/glampers.

During my searching for the knife that was thought to be a Buck but turned out to be a Chicago, I also found this I'm sure, worthless, little thing. I carried it when I couldn't carry a real knife due to the company I was working for, but I had something to clean my fingernails with at least. I think it says...

Wengar Delemont Switzerland Stainless

lL41Td8.jpg

AI22O6h.jpg

I don't think it's a Swiss Army but maybe a Chinese knockoff. I have no idea when, where or how I come to to have it but I do know I carried it for a couple years. And it has a little red sheath which I forgot to get a picture of but it's almost shot anyway.

During my searching for the knife that was thought to be a Buck but turned out to be a Chicago, I also found this I'm sure, worthless, little thing. I carried it when I couldn't carry a real knife due to the company I was working for, but I had something to clean my fingernails with at least. I think it says...

Wengar Delemont Switzerland Stainless

lL41Td8.jpg

AI22O6h.jpg

I don't think it's a Swiss Army but maybe a Chinese knockoff. I have no idea when, where or how I come to to have it but I do know I carried it for a couple years. And it has a little red sheath which I forgot to get a picture of but it's almost shot anyway.

Wow...definitely not a Chinese knockoff, and actually a very hard to come by piece! I'm coming over your house to help root around for any other hidden treasures you've got stashed :laugh:

Here's what you've got:

Produced bt Wenger, one of the two biggest Swiss knife companies...the Nature Series was an issue of luxury knives in the eary 1990's. They were meant to symbolize a notion of respect and the value you place on these endangered species. Like them, it is a beautiful and rare piece. A perfectly engraved work of art in homage to an endangered animal. A different species was to be brought out each year. Very unusual and collected...They have thick metal scales with a ribbed pattern on the rear, and very nicely engraved image on the front in high relief. The European River Otter and was the first issue of the Nature series. Not sure where yours landed.

wenger-knife-nature-series-snow_1_f5ab0b0df3daaad44e4c4f2ad8d0b789.jpg

640x480_Wenger Nature Series(Cropped).jpg

That said, your going to have another rare knife to put up... last one sold in box for $100 bucks, out of box who knows, but yours is in mint condition.

Great little knife buddy!

Wow...definitely not a Chinese knockoff, and actually a very hard to come by piece! I'm coming over your house to help root around for any other hidden treasures you've got stashed :laugh:

Here's what you've got:

Produced bt Wenger, one of the two biggest Swiss knife companies...the Nature Series was an issue of luxury knives in the eary 1990's. They were meant to symbolize a notion of respect and the value you place on these endangered species. Like them, it is a beautiful and rare piece. A perfectly engraved work of art in homage to an endangered animal. A different species was to be brought out each year. Very unusual and collected...They have thick metal scales with a ribbed pattern on the rear, and very nicely engraved image on the front in high relief. The European River Otter and was the first issue of the Nature series. Not sure where yours landed.

View attachment 85557

View attachment 85558

That said, your going to have another rare knife to put up... last one sold in box for $100 bucks, out of box who knows, but yours is in mint condition.

Great little knife buddy!

Well I’m surprised. I honestly thought it was almost carnival type junk I’ll have to look to see if I still have the box. Not being a collector, boxes is something I have little use for but for some reason I do have a few knife boxes so it might be here somewhere. But if I was a betting man I’d bet I don’t have it anymore. But I’ll look. Thanks for the info though.

Parker-Frost

[FONT=&quot]From the Knifecollector forum.

"In 1976, the Parker-Frost Cutlery Company was formed but it lasted only until 1978. However it was instrumental in beginning the import of high quality knives from Japan."

This set is marked Parker-Frost surgical steel - Japan I'm not sure of the type of wood.

[/FONT]
Parker-Frost2.jpg

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Parker-Frost1.JPG[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

From the Knifecollector forum.

"In 1976, the Parker-Frost Cutlery Company was formed but it lasted only until 1978. However it was instrumental in beginning the import of high quality knives from Japan."

This set is marked Parker-Frost surgical steel - Japan I'm not sure of the type of wood.

View attachment 85811

View attachment 85812

Nice set. I saw those knives back then and wanted one. I think that's when I ended up with the Chicago Cutlery knife. I liked would scales. Well, still do.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

[FONT=&quot]From the Knifecollector forum.

[/FONT]
View attachment 85811

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
View attachment 85812[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Those sure are purdy Bill!

And with a limited run of only 3 years, that makes them even more special... :clapping:

From the Knifecollector forum.

View attachment 85811

View attachment 85812

Very nice set of knives Bill! Looks like they have a very good fit and finish to them!

Good ones. I like them even better than the other style Queens.

I'll post the "school" when the other one comes in on Saturday.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png