Made the mistake of riding a trike

I never saw this coming. Well, I ride a 2 wheel 2016 Softail Slim S and my wife recently purchased a 2005 Sportster 883 with a Frankenstein trike kit. Of course I had to ride it and BAM!! I was hooked. Every time I rode my Slim after that I desired the trike feel. Crazy how every time I went into the garage I find myself staring at her bike instead of mine. I decided eventually I would add a trike kit down the road when it made economical sense. A few more weeks of obsessing and the realization set in that life is too short to wait for something that will put a huge grin on every day. I ordered the Frankenstein kit today and it should be in 2/14. :DThumbUp:pepper:. Can't wait. Pics to come.

Welcome to the insanity :D
There's just somthing good about that third wheel. Personaly, I've always been a third wheel!:Dorag:

Insanity is a good way to describe it. :laugh: . The more I think about the appeal of it I realize I feel like a hooligan when riding one. :yahoo:

Glad you pulled the trigger! It will be an excitement to see the pics! You know how forum members are, "Let's see those pics!" I should talk, haven't posted but one pic myself.

Welcome from PA

Well the more miles you put on a Trike the bigger the smiles. :banana-mac: Congrats although the Bride is right again. Welcome ride safely fearless :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yes you did Mike!
Welcome to the family here at T.T. as someone coming off of two myself... you defiantly won't regret it. Get some pictures up when you do! :cool:

Hello and welcome to the forum and the world of trikes.
Post pics of the build.
Once you test ride a trike, you'll want one.
:clapping:

Insanity is a good way to describe it. :laugh: . The more I think about the appeal of it I realize I feel like a hooligan when riding one. :yahoo:

Welcome to the forum, and to the world of 3 wheels! It is definitely its' own kind of fun, and I know what you mean.

Last week there was a light rain as I was in a long 100+ yard sweeper (interstate on ramp). It was a blast to power drift thru it at 60 mph for over 100 yards.

Yeah, I know some guys can do that on 2 wheels...not me. But on three I'll do it every chance I get. :)

Kevin

I received the wheels, fenders, and exhaust today. The rest of the kit will be here tomorrow and I will be dropping off everything at the builders Thursday. I included a couple pics of the wheels. Let the grinning begin.:D

Attachments

• 20170214_131357.jpg
    20170214_131357.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170214_131416.jpg
    20170214_131416.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 194
Back