Need a shorter antenna

Who makes a nice, short, powerful, black antenna that will fit my 2008 GL1800 trike ? Thanks in advance for your help. The stock one is a bit long for me.

I see it as a lighting rod, mine has some corosion and needs to be replaced anyway. Talked to serria, do not use CB , so 16 inch will work the same as stock for AM & FM, if anybody wants my old one let me know.

Thanks, yea they say the shorter, the signal get worse, has anyone found a short amplified one on the market to fit a GL .

Although I have no experience with short antennas on GL1800s, I have on a VTX1300 with a J&M added on CB radio. Basically with a short antenna (maybe 12"), she could only transmit and receive a few hundred yards at best. On that particular unit, it had no AM/FM so I cannot share my experience on that.

full quarter wave antenna that will match directly to CB is 9 ft with no coils so as you shorten the antenna the efficiency drops off plus the bikes don't have a good ground plane at that frequency. That link is for a standard fiberglass whip and they are stiff as heck.

I just purchased and installed this one on my 2008 GL1800 trike. Simply unscrewed the OEM whip antenna, used a drop of blue antisieze to (hopefully) prevent it loosening and falling off. I do not use the radio much but it seems to be working as advertised.

https://www.amazon.com/AntennaMastsRus-2001-2018-Reception-Guaranteed-Engineered/dp/B074QVZ2CK

I see it as a lighting rod, mine has some corosion and needs to be replaced anyway. Talked to serria, do not use CB , so 16 inch will work the same as stock for AM & FM, if anybody wants my old one let me know.

Lightning Rod? If lightning was gonna hit OEM, that shorty ain't gonna make a difference.

Corrosion?, a bit of a wipe with your next wash & wax would cure that. It is stainless steel.

Glad you solved your issue, but you might keep OEM handy in case you have a change of mind … or maybe next guy will want it, it's easy to store.

Back