Need some advice

Jul 26, 2022
Elbow Lake
Ok i am going into super stupid mode here. I have a 2003 Honda Goldwing trike with the Motor Trike spyder 2+2 conversion. I am looking at a used 2009 droptail 2 place motorcycle trailer( fold up). deck measures 70"x 105". Now I already busted my coolant recovery tank using the trailer I have now (Utility) So would the used 2009 work for my trike? And have a gentle enough incline so I don't repeat tha busted tank? Any advice would be helpfull. I live in the middle of nowhere and this trailer I am looking at is 80 miles away. And I am looking at a least a week before I get my trike back. So I can not do a test fit. And the dealer will not hold the trailer unless I give a non refundable deposit.

Thank you

Ok i am going into super stupid mode here. I have a 2003 Honda Goldwing trike with the Motor Trike spyder 2+2 conversion. I am looking at a used 2009 droptail 2 place motorcycle trailer( fold up). deck measures 70"x 105". Now I already busted my coolant recovery tank using the trailer I have now (Utility) So would the used 2009 work for my trike? And have a gentle enough incline so I don't repeat tha busted tank? Any advice would be helpfull. I live in the middle of nowhere and this trailer I am looking at is 80 miles away. And I am looking at a least a week before I get my trike back. So I can not do a test fit. And the dealer will not hold the trailer unless I give a non refundable deposit.

Thank you

Randy.. Welcome to Trike Talk đź‘Ťđź‘Ť..

I ran into similar problems with my utility trailer loading up a John Deere lawn tractor. The cutting deck on the John Deere would bottom out at the rear edge. What I could do was raise up the tongue and then put car jack stands under each of the rear sides to keep the back of trailer from dropping down when loading. This angle helped a lot more.

Similar experience with my toyhauler loading my trike. The angle of the ramp was too extreme. I ended up picking up a couple Rhino Ramp car ramps from the local parts store. They are some kind of heavy duty plastic so very light and easy to move around. I would also raise the tongue on toyhauler and then put the Rhino Ramps under very edge of toyhauler ramp. This raised up the ramp about another 8".

And just to add, after getting the Rhino Ramps, I could also use those with the utility trailer which helped as well. As I'm sure you know, the key is to reduce the ramp angle as much as possible to make the transition from ramp to deck.

Thank you

Don't think you will know until you try your trike. If dealer says he will not hold without a nonrefundable deposit, I sort of understand that. If he has a buyer, he wants to move it.

I would say, wait for your bike and try it. If the trailer is gone, my bet is you can find another

Looking at the specs, it's showing a width of 55" so you would be good there. But it also shows an overall length of 108" and trailer is only 105". With a fold up ramp in rear, I don't think it's going to work. If the ramp is removable, it could possibly be an option. But if ramp permanently attached, it's going to be an issue...

Screenshot_20220727-092320_Brave.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back