Reverse for RSV Trike

Ah,,, Bob....
Check out the new PRICING on the RSV Trike all around.
Based on your last post, as I am sure HMS & Dealer anticipated given the many discussions via phone and in person, waiting and then passing on the Reverse Option (that was Not as of then even complete or cleared for sale) would have left you with EXACTLY what you got and had been discussing for the past 3+ months anyways but at a HIGHER Price.
Seeing the "Bigger Picture",,, you sure you would have rather waited??? :cool:

Probably more than that to consider as well before passing and posting judgement if One weighs ALL the Intel that One may or may not be privy to or have completely investigated. There IS.

All things considered,,, You did Good-You were done Good-It truly is ALL Good. Be even better when you are Bustin Bugs on your new Machine.
Enjoy! ThumbUp

Ah,,, Bob....
Check out the new PRICING on the RSV Trike all around.
Based on your last post, as I am sure HMS & Dealer anticipated given the many discussions via phone and in person, waiting and then passing on the Reverse Option (that was Not as of then even complete or cleared for sale) would have left you with EXACTLY what you got and had been discussing for the past 3+ months anyways but at a HIGHER Price.
Seeing the "Bigger Picture",,, you sure you would have rather waited??? :cool:

Probably more than that to consider as well before passing and posting judgement if One weighs ALL the Intel that One may or may not be privy to or have completely investigated. There IS.

All things considered,,, You did Good-You were done Good-It truly is ALL Good. Be even better when you are Bustin Bugs on your new Machine.
Enjoy! ThumbUp

Very true. Yes I am happy, no problems with John as he did a great job taking care of me. I was upset at first (when u posted the reverse) but as you said it was 3 months back when ordered and was not available back then. I apologize for the first post. Just to let u know, the bike was delivered this morning and I have nothing but SMILES!!! Great job on all ends. Thanks to u and to all that was involved. Plus after riding it today I don't think I need reverse, but now the option is there. Thanks ThumbUp

No apology necessary in the least.
Glad to hear it's home and most of all that you like it. Many many safe and enjoyable miles to you!

Pics of the final version. Follow to Photobucket for more.

DSC07927_zpsf8dd1d33.jpg

DSC07926_zps6d6e1168.jpg

DSC07925_zpsdaf5f3cc.jpg

I tend to agree that the bike can be moved about quite easily, even by oneself BUT I also know that there will be times when you're going to need help backing one of these big trikes up. In those situations an electric reverse such as this could be a great accessory to have. With full length running boards having one of these kits may make even more sense. Guess I'll take a look at one when I go down to Hannigan's next month for my conversion.
Larry
PS: Hmm I wonder now if my auxiliary gas tank will still work with their reverse installed? Looks like it will but best to make sure.

Well I don't know if I'll have one installed or not but going to be gathering some more info and maybe I will or won't have this option added to my build next month. My legs are about shot now so I can see where it's a feasible option to have, especially if the wife decides to drive it.
Thanks for those pics Veritas44
Larry

No Sweat Gents. ThumbUp
Appreciate you checking it out.

Also since it was brought up... The Retro-Fit of the Reverse Assembly will not require ANY cutting or welding no matter when the HMS Yamaha Trike was built and/or converted. If existing Trike has the Aux Tank installed, it requires that the existing Tank be switched out for the New Design Tank. Remains to be seen if that applies to Carbon One Aux Fuel Assemblies and we will leave that to Cap't Carbon to determine. Sounds like he might be conducting research and making that determination soon.
Self-Installs :AGGHH:
ahh,,, Discussed but TBD and wouldn't count on it from what I think and know.

I was going to use my Valk or my R* with these guys and for time reasons whent in another direction all together.
As the timing was bad for me.
Im sort of sorry I didnt go the custom route with what I had originally planed.

American Trike

The owner is an ok guy to work with and makes a reverse for almost any bike.
I friend of mine did his R* and loves it.........just took like 6 months plus to get it done.

This is the kit I was going to use.

Cust02_zps1f9cee2a.jpg
get it done.

I've made the decision to add the reverse kit to my conversion build. pepper The bike is now in Hannigan's hands and will be finished this week. I'll give an updated report once I have tme to evaluate it.
Larry

I stopped by Hannigan's tonight checking on progress etc. The bike is now a 3 wheeler with most of the work done. Body was still off so I got a good look at the reverse set up. I'm pretty impressed with the install to say the least. Brad, the wrench doing my build, jacked up the rear and showed the reverse in action. pepper
Larry

I've used the reverse a few times since picking up the bike and will say up front the system is a keeper. It has a nice controllable speed that doesn't seem to be too fast nor too slow. Using it to get the front wheel out of a HF wheel dock used to be a bear but with this reverse it's a snap. Once out of the dock I just pushed the bike backwards while sitting on it and off the trailer.
A couple other times I used it to back up a short distance a slight incline in a driveway. While I would of normally gotten off the bike and pushed it up that incline the reverse made it much more convenient.
Bottom line is I'm glad I opted to get this option on my build sheet.
Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png