Reverse Issue

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
On my 2012 Wing which is Triked I've noticed an issue once in a while where when the reverse button is pushed, and alloted time is given, it sometimes engages and then disengages and just clicks. Suggestions?

Does it chatter when pushing the start button to make it back up ??? Another way of asking ... does it feels like it want to begin to move but quits after the start button is hits ???

Reverse

hay Fred. I have a 2000 gl1500se and am having problems with my Reverse also. I worked for years then one day, no reverse, it engages then kicks out quickly only rocks a little then out it goes. I have looked at all components that effects the reverse that I could think of, then cared it to the shop. they to are stomped. it will start working after checking a number of thing. we think we have it fixed then after a while it is out again. we made a ride to Montana, was gone 3 weeks and it worked like a new one ( I thought we had it fixed for good that time). I was home 2 days, went to get oil for oil change and bang it was out again. try to back up then kick out again. back to shop. 4 time back to the shop. it is working now but for how long ????? the shop said they do not know why it started working again. we Have to wait until it stop working and check again. when it is working you can't find the problem. so bottom like I can not help you, until I get a fix ??????

hay Fred. I have a 2000 gl1500se and am having problems with my Reverse also. I worked for years then one day, no reverse, it engages then kicks out quickly only rocks a little then out it goes. I have looked at all components that effects the reverse that I could think of, then cared it to the shop. they to are stomped. it will start working after checking a number of thing. we think we have it fixed then after a while it is out again. we made a ride to Montana, was gone 3 weeks and it worked like a new one ( I thought we had it fixed for good that time). I was home 2 days, went to get oil for oil change and bang it was out again. try to back up then kick out again. back to shop. 4 time back to the shop. it is working now but for how long ????? the shop said they do not know why it started working again. we Have to wait until it stop working and check again. when it is working you can't find the problem. so bottom like I can not help you, until I get a fix ??????

That's a real bummer man. Yesterday, didn't want to engage. Today, worked fine. Go figure. Guess I'll see what my tech says when he does my brakes later this month.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michigander
Back