Some Changes to the 2019 Freewheeler

Routing

What do yo think about hose down mid line of air filter,exit to front of motor to the rear of oil pressure and rear brake switch and hang sort of behind floor board frame mount

Routing

From the threads ive been reading it seems unanimous that a breather is a necessity. 22000 on 15 fw (live in n.e. Pa maybe get four months riding) no problems with blow by. Then again i change my oil every 4000 and wash and re oil the air filter at the same time.

From the threads ive been reading it seems unanimous that a breather is a necessity. 22000 on 15 fw (live in n.e. Pa maybe get four months riding) no problems with blow by. Then again i change my oil every 4000 and wash and re oil the air filter at the same time.

Have a look at this picture

TwinCam1M3.jpg

Carter 4 barrels

As a kid in the late 60's early 70's there was a saying that the carter 4 bbl came with a pull pin on the side like a grenade because eventually it would self destruct. I guess hd has has built in self destruct items

Vent

Pulling back thru intake. I saw the video either on fmh or dk. or somewhere. Showed in detail the routing of the oil through all the ports and channels in the heads. Can't locate video now!

What do yo think about hose down mid line of air filter,exit to front of motor to the rear of oil pressure and rear brake switch and hang sort of behind floor board frame mount
That was the way I did mine at first however it seemed to make a mess of the frame under the motor not much but noticeable. Rerouted it this summer to mid-frame seems much better. travel safe Fred

DSC00201.JPGDSC01025.JPG

External breather

Is it possible to use stock air filter and stock cover with dk breather systems

Last edited:
External breather

Were you able to use the stock air cleaner cover. What type support plate did you use and did you need to get a different filter

Breather

10-22 on any responses, I've decided instead of trying to make it fit, I bought a vance/hines vo2 naked air cleaner kit, breather bolt system, and chrome catch can. It will take me less time hooking this up than trying to fabricate something.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png