Triking an ultra

agree with all Randy will set you straight. it would even be worth the effort to have him do the build you will know its done right:confused:

trike

take a look at Frankenstein trike kits. The price is reasonable and the quality and simplicity is outstanding. And also it can be done t home in just a few nights so you will not have to pay some one ridiculous prices to install it

Rotor

I am converting my 11 Limited Ultra, using the Roadsmith Daytona kit, Zook is doing the conversion. I have personally been to CUT-N-SHOOT CUSTOMS & visited with him several times before making my final decision to do the conversion. He has spent a lot of hours talking with me & showing me different kits at his shop. He does not mind because the more you know the easier it will be for you to make a final decision. I was originally going to convert my 03 Firefighter ultra Classic and use the CSC kit until i found out that you can only run CSC mufflers because of lack of clearance. CSC mufflers are smaller OD than mine are.

I run a S&S 124 engine & a Baker 6 speed 129 hp / 139 tq, my mufflers are tuned to my engine and i am not going to use some other mufflers that i know nothing about and have to pay my tuner to re-tune my engine that may or may not have the same results. I am not a hot-rodder i just like to be able to pass when i want to and be able to get out of my own way if i need to. My 11 Limited has a S&S 110 drop on kit with the same mufflers as my 124 and they are also tuned to my 110 engine. The CSC mufflers may be great but i am not going to take the chance with the money i have spent and would have to spend on another re-tune.

My personal opinion from personally looking at Roadsmith & CSC kits at CUT-N-SHOOT, CSC has the best suspension and by far the best rear brakes of any of the kits. I will tell you this the lead time on the CSC kits are a lot sooner than what Roadsmith are, i placed my order back in early January and the kit has not arrived yet. Zook has kept me updated on all his emails to Roadsmith concerning the kit arrival. Zook is great to deal with and cares a lot about his customers. WOW this sounds like i'm doing a commercial for him but honestly he is really a great guy to deal with and his work is great as i have personally seen it even though i have not got my conversion done yet.

Hope i have not bored everyone to death with this reply just wanted to share my experience so far.

Ronnie.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back