TT rally 2013 Eureka Springs

We are thrilled to expand our accessibility to more members by having it in a centrally located area! Further, this is the first (and rare) opportunity that we can all be housed in ONE hotel!

I plan to sign and deliver the contract personally to Best Western soon. That way, I can take pictures, etc. and get as much information possible to share on the Rally 2013 website that will come up soon. If Nana is able to come join me, it would be even better.

Tom had outlined possible activities as suggested by the hotel, but the final details will still depend on what we decide we want to do. Our dealings with them had been very pleasant and professional. They have the amenities to accommodate our 'intimate, reunion-type' get together.

It may be unfortunate for those who could not attend the rally regardless of where it's going to be, just because it will be on weekdays. We were hoping vacations for next year can be scheduled to cover these days. Incidentally, for the type of rally we generally have, having it on weekdays might work out better. We had been told that it gets pretty busy and congested on the weekends.

Thank you for all the support and encouragement. We are committed to organizing a fun and comfortable rally for all.

Rally registration, ride routes, events and meal planning will be posted on the site. Volunteers are welcome and appreciated.

Well the response has been fantastic! I talked to the manager at Best Western yesterday to nail down a few more details and she told me the first day's registration alone was over 40 rooms, so it looks like we will be filling that hotel pretty quickly. Even though we have the entire hotel booked it would be a good idea to make your reservation as soon as possible so you dont get bumped to another property. We do have blocks in two more backup hotels booked as well but I have agreed not to name them until the Best Western has been totally filled as they are really rolling out the red carpet for us.

Kudos to hotel manager Kathy and owner Randy (gotta be a nice guy) for lining up such a great stay for us with all the extras. Also BIG kudos to Tom (trikeleader) for driving over to Eureka Springs and spending several days exploring the entire area and negotiating all the arrangements for this event.

BTW there are two Best Westerns in Eureka so make sure you contact the right one as listed on the information at the beginning of this thread. Its the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks.

Is there anyone in the area that could visit with a couple RV parks and see about getting hooked up (no pun intended) for us folks that will be staying in our rolling homes? I know they probably won't roll out that red carpet but if we can get little price break it will offset the cost of gas some. :D

We are sooooooo looking forward to this!!!!!

Just my opnion but this is the best camping by a dam site ThumbUp(just kidding). Beaver Lake Dam site (lake side) Facility Details - DAM SITE LAKE CAMPGROUND, AR - Recreation.gov
or river side below the dam Facility Details - DAM SITE RIVER (BEAVER LAKE), AR - Recreation.gov
They are just across the Highway 187 from each other. About 7 or 8 scenic miles down Highway 62 from The Best Western in Eureka Springs. Good camp sites and very reasonably priced. I set my camper up there this week to attend the Valkyrie Inzane, which was held at the same motel. Hardly anyone at the campsite, but HOT as the dickens.

Is there anyone in the area that could visit with a couple RV parks and see about getting hooked up (no pun intended) for us folks that will be staying in our rolling homes? I know they probably won't roll out that red carpet but if we can get little price break it will offset the cost of gas some. :D

We are sooooooo looking forward to this!!!!!

Jerry I posted a link to Wanderlust RV Park in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Eureka Springs' friendly RV Park and Cabins!. It's only about a mile from the host hotel and is very nice with a pool, pavallion, laundry and bath house for those who need it. It is awesome! Check it out, I'm voiting for Wunderlusk rv resort! :D I forgot to mention only 26.25 per night.

Thank you for all your RV Campgrounds reccomendations. I will call and also check them out while out there. Thanks, Annette, for the link. I will follow up.

Just my opnion but this is the best camping by a dam site ThumbUp(just kidding). Beaver Lake Dam site (lake side) Facility Details - DAM SITE LAKE CAMPGROUND, AR - Recreation.gov
or river side below the dam Facility Details - DAM SITE RIVER (BEAVER LAKE), AR - Recreation.gov
They are just across the Highway 187 from each other. About 7 or 8 scenic miles down Highway 62 from The Best Western in Eureka Springs. Good camp sites and very reasonably priced. I set my camper up there this week to attend the Valkyrie Inzane, which was held at the same motel. Hardly anyone at the campsite, but HOT as the dickens.

Dam site is a Corps of Engineers park, if u have the America the beautiful, Golden age or Golden Access, u can stay. There for $9.00 a night.

Have fun and ride safe.

Sherry and I will be there. That's a awesome riding area and one of my favorites. I'll pass the word on to my Boss Hoss trike friends as I'm sure some of them will want to join in on the fun,too.

Trust me, Eureka Springs will roll out the red carpet for us.

No full hook up there... Here is the Corps of Engineers web site for Beaver Lake ... Corps Lakes Gateway: Arkansas - Beaver Lake

Thanks, I did check the web site and it didn't mention anything about having full hook-ups. I wanted to clarify. Sometimes all things are not noted on a web site. I prefer the full hook-up sites where I can relax and just enjoy the visit. We need the 50 amp service for our ac units in the rv. I'm a woose, and too old for roughen it! LOL

According to Trailer life directory Wanderlust RV Park does have full hookups.

That is correct. I called and talked with the owner Jim & Cindy and they have full hookups and all are 50 amp electric. They have a beautiful camground and are the nicest people, on the phone anyway, but also have a large pavilion with hugh fire pits that they light every night at 5PM. It would be a great gathering place for all the rv'ers to gather and possibly cook a big feast or small feast, what ever the need fwould be. The park backs up to a hugh clift and it is only one mile from the host hotel. They also have a trolly stop at the entrance to the park. Sounds very nice, just waiting for Marge to check it out and make a decision. Can't wait! I love new adventures.:Coffee:

We have stayed at Corps Of Engineers campgrounds and found them well kept, usually with flush toilets, (though we have run into a few with the old "Hole in the Ground" facilities away from the main area) a bath house and nice sites, but usually they are "semi-primitive" - no electrical or water hookups. More suited for tenters, pup, or slide-in campers rather than motorhomes or 5th wheels.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png