we want a Harley

Neither can mine, that's why I bought Gerbing heated pants liners. I use to use Thermo Care knee pads before, but they just warmed the knees. It was 20* even less with the wind chill and yet I was toasty warm for the 75mile ride we did. And S100 takes care of the salt problem.

I'm not paying $32K+ just so I can only ride 7 months out of the year.

I'm smiling 12 months a year. Bugs in my teeth or snow flakes in my teeth - doesn't matter. :D

Ride safe and save the wave. :wave4:

In our PGR group we have a Tour Captain that is 79 & will turn 80 early this year. He doesn't miss a ride ! He rides a Wing (2 wheel) for 100's of miles just for a mission !
You are only as old as you let yourself be ! Live young for a long time!

In our PGR group we have a Tour Captain that is 79 & will turn 80 early this year. He doesn't miss a ride ! He rides a Wing (2 wheel) for 100's of miles just for a mission !
You are only as old as you let yourself be ! Live young for a long time!

....and that Road (Tour) Captain will be riding to Washington, DC end of May with State Captain and two Assistant Road Captains! He's an inspiration to us all!

Back to the OP.....you're not too old to "cut the mustard" pepper

I'm not paying $32K+ just so I can only ride 7 months out of the year.

I'm smiling 12 months a year. Bugs in my teeth or snow flakes in my teeth - doesn't matter. :D

Ride safe and save the wave. :wave4:[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Ride year round and don't mind a few snowflakes on the visor but I refuse to chain up. Here it is more about good raingear.

So it's unanimous from everyone here on the forum!! Buy it and ride it.

I suggest that you join the HOG chapter at the dealer you're buying from. The HOG members will be great people and will greet you with open arms and will watch over you while you're inexperienced with your new trike!

Nothing really new to add that hasn't already been said other than I've ridden with people older than 75 and they still love it and have no intention of stopping any time soon.

GO FOR IT!!!!

Sorry I took so long,.... tomorrow morning at 10 am. I'm going to the Harley dealer to do a test drive on a new red 2013 T/G, we have already agreed on a price, and if I don't fall over at the first stop sign, I'll be the owner of a new T/G :D .
just like to thank all of you for helping me make my mind up, I needed that.

Congratulations! Hope you have some good weather for a while and put some miles on that new scoot. Would be a shame to park it waiting for ridable weather. Time for some breakfast / dinner runs locally, get used to the handling. Out west, we only use the car or truck if it is raining.....hard. The trikes have taken over our lives.

Sorry I took so long,.... tomorrow morning at 10 am. I'm going to the Harley dealer to do a test drive on a new red 2013 T/G, we have already agreed on a price, and if I don't fall over at the first stop sign, I'll be the owner of a new T/G :D .
just like to thank all of you for helping me make my mind up, I needed that.

Good move, lboos. We'll be waiting to hear the results - and a few pictures wouldn't hurt. Don't put your feet down at that 1st stop sign as I have a suspicion you won't fall over anyway...:)

My friend Jim was 75 he rode a 2 wheel wing and was a great rider who loved IBA rides ,yes rode those in his 70ies. Jim is no longer in this world but I bet he is carving the twisties up stairs on a fast ride !ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png