we want a Harley

We have several riders in our local club who are in their 70's and still riding on 2 wheels and three wheels.I bought my trike from a man in our club who had decided to stop riding because his wife was too sick to ride with him anymore,@ 85. So if you are healthy and still have some strength and stamina left,go for it.

Well, I got my new 2013 T/G home today, It's red/sunrise, I think, I only got to test drive it this morn. I did ok, except for trying to put my left foot down when I came to a stop sign, I only got to drive it for about 3-4 miles, I had it del. to my house as I don't have helmets yet [will have in the morn.]... a great day today, 70 deg. lots of sun. tomorrows forecast is rain and thunder storms all day long, so I guess ill just have to sit on it in the garage all day reading the owners man, might even have a beer or two.
I just left everything stock, Thanks agin for all of the great advice.

CONGRATS, remember to take your time. Find a place (large empty parking lot to do some maneuvering in. Get familiar with the steering and controls before you do any extensive riding. Trikes steer not by leaning like a 2 wheeler. It will be about 400 miles before you get over the initial jitters. If you give yourself time all will be well. Have FUN

Congrats on the Trike !! You are going to love it! Watch out what those rear wheels run over, & against, & remember the parking brake. Everything will come to ya in a short.

Have Fun & Ride Safe !
:Trike1:

Terrific - you're gonna love your new machine. Take your time getting used to it. Remember the extra width when pulling up to a gas pump or similar. Keep those feet up and on the pegs (or where ever your feet belong). Not putting your feet down and not being concerned about your balance when coming to a stop, is one of THE great features of a trike for us "senior" riders. You'll do just fine - keep us up to date. :wave4:

I have survived cancer & a bad heart attack back to back I spent months in hospitals. When my surgeon released me I was too weak to hold up my HD ultra classic so I had it converted to a trike with a Motortrike kit and have since traded that in on my TRI glide. I'm 70 the Warden (my wife) rides with me some not a lot but some of the time and she is a couple years older than I. Taking into consideration that I have been riding some kind of motorcycle since I was 15 years old I say go for it. pepperThumbUp

I'm probably one of the youngsters on here as I am only 66 years young. I know some folks in their 80s who still ride, on two-wheelers. Remember that age is a only number. Don't let that number interfere with trying something in life.

There are several good threads on here with hints to help learn to ride the TG.

So enjoy your new ride and I am sure it won't be long before it is not pure stock. Ride Safe.

Bingse

Just did a 125 mile ride this past Weds, with 4 other riders, in our "breakfast club". Our senior rider is a lady of 83 years, and she rides a big Harley. A 2 wheel Harley, not a trike.

pepperpepperpepper Yea!!! After a few rides you'll forget about trying to put that foot down. Take it slow, ride the neighborhood and as recommended, use a parking lot to get the feel of turning both ways. Oh, and give yourself a little more room to stop, that beast is heavy. Ask tons of questions here , we have all been thru one thing or another and can answer any question.

Happy Triking, and think about joining us in Eureka Springs, Ar this summer for the TT Rally.

Karen

It was 25 degrees last night, I was on the T/G at 9:30 am, I put 40 miles on it, so far so good, the most trouble I'm having is making a 90 degree turn, Lt. or Rt. from a dead stop, I tend to give it to much gas, but I'll get use to it, The rest is very easy.
I still find myself trying to put my left foot down on a stop, but I'm getting better.

I'm just lucky that I'm not going from a long time rider on a T/G to a two wheeler, I'd have a broken Lt. leg and would need some body repair to the Lt. side of the bike :laugh:.
Still, a lot of fun and easy to ride, and what a great sound :D.

Remember to give yourself time to adjust to a trike, ( 1000 miles ) I hated mine at first, due to everything being different, now I love it and really enjoy riding it with moma..

How old will you be if you don't buy it? GO FOR IT!

Henry,
I did buy it on 1/29/13...and I am still 75.
I really like your name [Henry Ford], I also own a 1931 Ford "A" model that shares the garage with the Harley, it took me a lot longer to learn how to start and drive the "A" model then it did the T/G :laugh:.

I'm 71 and just bought a new 2014 tri-glide. Still have a couple of two wheelers too. Absolutely love the trike and looking forward to running down the California coastline in about a month. I'm thinking I'll be riding til I'm close to 100. Just do it!
:GL1800:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png