we want a Harley

As others have said age is just a number, my little bride of 57 years is turning 73 & I am 74 we have made two trips this year & planning on at least two more, one only about 850 miles & one half day ride to hill country here in Texas to a meet & greet. Hope to see you down the road & maybe have a cup with you all.:pepper:

Just turned 70. Went thru hip surgery but could still ride the Ultra. But the little woman was afraid I was going to get into trouble one of these days and we traded our Ultra in on a 2014 Tri-glide. So we are planning a 1700 mile road trip in Sept. Nope, not giving up yet.

Just turned 70. Went thru hip surgery but could still ride the Ultra. But the little woman was afraid I was going to get into trouble one of these days and we traded our Ultra in on a 2014 Tri-glide. So we are planning a 1700 mile road trip in Sept. Nope, not giving up yet.

Just turned 70 also. May be needing hip surgery in the next couple year - I'm holding off as long as I can. I di a couple 2000+ trips a year. next year my dealer is doing a Route66 trip that along is 2000+ miles plus coming back to Chicago. I also ride all winter here - with electrics of course. :)

I believe riding a motorcycle has kept me young - at least compared to my old neighborhood friends who can hardly walk now.

Go with whatever makes you feel OK. ThumbUp

Hey Garyd, when it comes time for you to have the hip replacement, take it from me, have it done. It was the best thing that I could have done. The aches and pains are gone.

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!
RON IS 75YRS OLD AND RIDING STRONG ON HIS TRI-GLIDE.

8323.jpg FRIEND RON (My 89 tourglide in foreground

smiles-biker for life.jpg join us!

0626141302.jpg:D:clapping:ThumbUp

I turned 61 about 10 months ago and my wife is almost 66. We each have a TG and love them. I just sold my Street Glide not because I couldn't ride it anymore but because I wouldn't have ridden it anymore. I like the trike that much.

This old boy is 75 and wife 74. Been riding since the sixties. We ride three or four times a week and look forward to long stays in the Smokies. The three wheel fun is great for us older guys who don't want to worry about a loaded two wheeler riding two up in traffic. Something about loss of some balance in late life. Just be sure that your reaction times are still good and you have good vision. That is about it.

I still ride 2 wheelers whenever I can. I just had my bike in for an oil change and I picked a Softtail for my loaner. Sure is fun to lean in high speed corners like I use to do. :) :pepper:

When I got mine back - - really enjoyed the "Winnibago" effect again. :D

Wish I could afford both. Sometime you feel like a nut, sometime you don't. ThumbUp

Is it really about age or is it experience,Location& wherewithal. If you have no experience and you live in an urban or heavily populated area riding is inherently dangerous activity. People in cars don't always see you or just don't care. There are two kinds of riders. "ones that have been down and ones that are going down"

pegleg, It could be a little of all three.

There is the "piece of mind" thing that you don't have to worry about falling over if you hit a oily or sandy patch with your foot - which I've done more times then I want to remember. :D

What is with people and this age thing!!! It's only a number and if you want to sit around staring out the window, reading a newspaper and watching TV, then that's where'll you be. You only go around once, why not make the best of it...get yourself a Tri-Glide and go ride!! Unless you just want to sit around and talk about it. Look what you're missing. I'm not that far behind you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to grow up!!!!

:Agree: I am almost 73 and have a 2013 TriGlide with the 120r motor and I also have a 2013 V-Rod Muscle!! Age is only a number just as BinIdaho stated. Do what you want, you only pass this way one time, unless I am missing something:pepper:

Roger

This is me on my 650cc 1950 triumph
,taken in the 70's I think, just to let you know how old I am, I also have owned BSA's, Harley 125, old Harley 3 speed on the tank and foot clutch,.... and two or 3 newer large Honda's in the last 15 years.
I think Im ready for that Tri-glide now.

Like that Harley rim laced to the Triumph hub. I did the same with a Honda 750 Chopper.

Like that Harley rim laced to the Triumph hub. I did the same with a Honda 750 Chopper.

I had a lot of fun on that ole Triumph, Their was nothing in the state of GA., car or motorcycle that could keep up with me from 0 to 75 mph, and it always started on the second kick, and most times on the 1st... never ran hot, although when taking a break I did light up a few cigars of the exh. pipes near the cly. head when my zipo flip top ran out of fluid :D.

How do you delete or edit a post that has been here for a couple of days when you see a mistake you have made ? .....their is no edit box.

All I have to say as a relative youngster of 61 is that our HOG chapter has a Road Captain who is 81, and the only reason that he doesn't ride a TriGlide is that he would have to widen the door to the storage building where he keeps the Ultra that he and his 80 year old wife ride.

"It is better to wear out than to rust out"

Just do it... Ride on!

P.S. There is an edit, at the bottom of your post window.

I bought a new 2013, had it over a year now, just turned 5000 mi. and am very happy with it, not one problem with it yet ;).

NO!! Don't say that, you will get flamed just like me. If you don't get on the trike boards and complain about what a piece of crap your trike is you will get ostracized from the boards.

You gots ta bitch about:

the heat
the steering
the rough ride
breaks
clutch
bad seat
paint chips
bug blobs
bad gas mileage
wind buffeting
too much windshield
not enough windshield
can't find neutral

should I go on :laugh: :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png