What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

So what's the consensus on adding lower fairings to the freewheeler? With all the discussions as to heat on the engine. Are soft lower fairings better than hard

lower fairings. Or are they going to restrict air from getting to the engine. Anybody experienced either good or bad affects. Thanks as always for your input.

So what's the consensus on adding lower fairings to the freewheeler? With all the discussions as to heat on the engine. Are soft lower fairings better than hard

lower fairings. Or are they going to restrict air from getting to the engine. Anybody experienced either good or bad affects. Thanks as always for your input.

I used the soft type of lower fairings on my Road King custom. They helped to keep me dry and the added warmth was nice. I always wondered if they were restricting the air flow, so I talked with a Police officer I knew. He said that even in heavy traffic he never had any over heating issues with either the soft type or the big heavy type . I suppose that if you were riding in the desert heat there might be an issue .

Got the riders backrest on today. Not as easy as it should have been. Had to get different hardware than what was supplied. Harley doesn't like the Metric bolts supplied. So went to true value to get a couple bolts. I asked the clerk, what's the damage. He said don't worry about it. I gave him a couple dollars and said get yourself a coke. As I was walking out, I thought to myself, Self, I hope he can still buy a coke for two dollars. I haven't had a coke in years. I think it was a 1.25 the last time I got one. Raining today have to wait on a backrest test ride. SUN-TUE looks bad with rain too. So unlike California.

Yeah boy Jack, that's always a great feeling whether the sun is out or not. Now you can take that money and put it into the trike:clapping:

BRRRRR, it is cold today @49 degrees, Mrs Jack wants me to ride to the Mayo Clinic to pick up her prescription, Looks like my ride will be waiting for an hour

Mrs Jack is still working, I am retired so I am just getting started on my daily chores

Yeah, only 51F here too. This is the third day in a row for getting rained out. It's gotta be a record for this much rain. I am starting to have a lack of riding withdrawal attack. I don't know how some of you folks can go all winter and not ride. I have to settle for sitting on my exercise bike while peddling my butt off and go Vrmmm Vrmmmm.

Yeah, only 51F here too. This is the third day in a row for getting rained out. It's gotta be a record for this much rain. I am starting to have a lack of riding withdrawal attack. I don't know how some of you folks can go all winter and not ride. I have to settle for sitting on my exercise bike while peddling my butt off and go Vrmmm Vrmmmm.

Get your flotation devices ready, we are almost near normal here, but more rain than normal

It almost always rains here, you can set your watch by it:laugh:

It will be normal for Bike Week in March I hope

A GOOD Ride

So, I waited all day for a tree trimmer to show up, I guess he did not want the job

Wasted my whole day, oh well

At least I got a ride in

Guess I need to choose better and trustworthy people

Nuff Said

Jack trying to find good help now adays is near bouts impossible. I have felt your pain several times in the recent past. Good luck with that tree. Still no ride too much rain.

Got the Vivid Black color matched Mid Frame Deflectors delivered. Unboxing everything looks correct. Paint quality is excellent. 2 Deflectors, 2 bolts / washers each to install. My FW is a 2017 so I have the 2 top holes threaded already. The 2 bottom holes use the threaded inserts which just push into the frame.

Install went reasonably well. The access is a bit of a challenge and I would rate this as a 3 knuckle project. :) I think they look awesome! Lets see if they do what they are supposed to do and also lets see if they do what their not supposed to do ...

A couple of (Before) pics

IMG_9359.jpg IMG_9360.jpg

I am looking to find the 4.5" passing lamps and the bar to apply the to the trike should look something like the below. Anybody put them on their Freewheeler and know of a source of supply.

th

Back