What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Floorboad Extender Kit, 2" Lift and Cooling Wings

Put on DK's Floorboard Extender Kit, 2" Tank Lift with Deluxe option and Cooling Wings. Everything went on smooth. Took my time with my wife helping it took a about 3 hours to complete then rode it into town to get gas and ice cream.

Bob

Put on DK's Floorboard Extender Kit, 2" Tank Lift with Deluxe option and Cooling Wings. Everything went on smooth. Took my time with my wife helping it took a about 3 hours to complete then rode it into town to get gas and ice cream.

Bob

I'll be installing the DK's floorboard extender kit this afternoon... any "watch-out's"? Looks pretty straight forward from the directions.

Thanks!

Its really pretty simple. I did have trouble with one bolt and ended up running a die over the threads and a tap in the hole. I believe the problem was leftover loctite in the hole. If I was going to do it again I would do all the bolts and holes up front.

Now have the new SE 120 ST installed and running. The dealer set it up with pre programmed settings. Once I get 1000. Miles they are going to tune it on the Dyno. So far seams to have more torque than the old 103. It is running nice. I am going to make some changes per DK notes on cooling. Will have to order parts from DK :)

Parts are ordered from DK to lift the tank, install wind deflectors, extend the floorboards, and ad external oil breather from the A/C. We will see how these changes effect everything :)

Then I need to clean it up from riding in the down pour this past weekend.

Tell Mary Happy Birthday from one Gemini to another.

Installed DK Customs Deflector Cooling Wings and removed passenger grab rail. Thanks Kevin for a nice product and as always Great Customer Service! Happy Birthday to Mary.

Wow, sorry, just saw this thread. Called Mary and relayed your Birthday wishes to her. :)

She said "ahhh, that's so sweet, tell them Thank you!"

Kevin

SE Stage 1 done!

Installed the Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 hardware (Street Cannon Mufflers and SE Intake) this evening. Will do the SE Street Tuner Stage 1 update tomorrow. Not much rush, it's rained the last two days and is supposed to rain again tomorrow. I did fire it up to hear the Street Cannons. My initial thought is they have a nice low, not obnoxious rumble. Went this route to make sure I have no issues with dealers when and if I need service.

My stuff came from DK yesterday so spent today installing the tank lift, wind deflectors, floorboard extensions, and the DIY breather kit. They only thing that stumped me was the wind deflectors, they are not labeled left or right. Could not figure which one went where, tried both sides and put them on the way I thought was correct. Then after installing them came into the house and looked them up on DK's website.

Guess what, after all my reasoning as to which side they should go on it appears I managed to get them on the wrong sides :) They may just stay that way :) as the tab helps hold the glovebox covers closed :) A suggestion to DK would be to label them right and left, then I suppose you have the problem are you looking at the bike or away from it :)

The instructions are sorta vague. Managed to figure out the other items for installation :)

Did another 200 miles yesterday with the wife to just burn gas up and get more miles on the new SE 120 ST engine. It really runs great and has not been tuned yet. Coming up behind a car doing 55 and was in 6th gear, twisted the throttle just a little and went zooming past, up to 80 in nuthin flat :) :D. In the past with the 103 had to down shift if I was in 6 th gear to pass.

Yesterday and today Mighty Mites

Yesterday started the install on the Love Jugs Mighty Mites. All went well except could not get my factory plug to work.

This morning I went down and took the acc. wires and hooked them up to the mighty mite wires. Now they work off the ignition switch.:clapping: Going to do a test ride today.

James Young:cxtv:

VietNam Veteran 11B40

North Texas Patriot Guard Rider

2013 Tri-Glide 110th Anniversary colors #1146 of 1450

My stuff came from DK yesterday so spent today installing the tank lift, wind deflectors, floorboard extensions, and the DIY breather kit. They only thing that stumped me was the wind deflectors, they are not labeled left or right. Could not figure which one went where, tried both sides and put them on the way I thought was correct. Then after installing them came into the house and looked them up on DK's website.

Guess what, after all my reasoning as to which side they should go on it appears I managed to get them on the wrong sides :) They may just stay that way :) as the tab helps hold the glovebox covers closed :) A suggestion to DK would be to label them right and left, then I suppose you have the problem are you looking at the bike or away from it :)

The instructions are sorta vague. Managed to figure out the other items for installation :)

Did another 200 miles yesterday with the wife to just burn gas up and get more miles on the new SE 120 ST engine. It really runs great and has not been tuned yet. Coming up behind a car doing 55 and was in 6th gear, twisted the throttle just a little and went zooming past, up to 80 in nuthin flat :) :D. In the past with the 103 had to down shift if I was in 6 th gear to pass.

I know you gotta be having a blast with that new power!

Thank you for the left/right suggestions. We'll get that done.

Appreciate your business.

Kevin

Received my tour pack relocation kit and Stealth LED driving lights. Got the tour pack done and the lights mounted. Finish up the wiring tomorrow as soon as I can find a good place to tap into the existing harness. Mounted mine below the floor boards. Thanks Kevin for more great products!

Installed the Comfort Lift at full height and Adjustable passenger pegs after work today.

Then took it for a 25 mile cruise to check it out.

Relocating the Tour-Pak tomorrow.

Oil cooler and filter relocation will have to wait till next weekend so I can put another 900 miles on then I will be at the 5000 mark.

Bob

Received my tour pack relocation kit and Stealth LED driving lights. Got the tour pack done and the lights mounted. Finish up the wiring tomorrow as soon as I can find a good place to tap into the existing harness. Mounted mine below the floor boards. Thanks Kevin for more great products!

I ran mine under the floorboards for awhile...it is a stealth location and looks really cool.

Appreciate your business.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png