What Made You Join TrikeTalk Forum?

Been kicking around the idea of building a custom trike from scratch for quite a few years now. But as we all know, life has a way of getting in the way. A wife, a couple of kids, cost of living in California and next thing you know you have to really think about wether you get just the four pack of toilet paper or splurge at Costco for the 24 pack and just eat less. So, tired of just existing and want to start enjoying life again. The kids will be her for a while yet so can’t do much about that but California and more than likely the wife will be left in the moving truck rear view mirror (long story). Looking to head down to the Katy/Richmond area of Texas. Family is all there and can make decent living in my trade. Plus my brother wants to partner up on a powder coating shop. But now, I was reading up on Texas laws regarding scratch built custom vehicles and that you can’t register them there in Texas any longer. That just don’t sound right to me so, while searching for information on this subject I came across TT and I figure this the perfect place for information. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Rob

I have been running the same thoughts through my mind. Then I looked at my age, the 3 back surgeries I had, my bad legs from my back along with the cost of buying the materials along with, living in PA, you need to keep track of materials cost and apply for a reconstructed title. Did it once for a trailer I built at work.

I compared that with the cost of buying a used trike, prices are comparibly the same. Plus I don't need to worry about selling my other bike, they are giving me back every cent I paid for it from a private seller.

Been kicking around the idea of building a custom trike from scratch for quite a few years now. But as we all know, life has a way of getting in the way. A wife, a couple of kids, cost of living in California and next thing you know you have to really think about wether you get just the four pack of toilet paper or splurge at Costco for the 24 pack and just eat less. So, tired of just existing and want to start enjoying life again. The kids will be her for a while yet so can’t do much about that but California and more than likely the wife will be left in the moving truck rear view mirror (long story). Looking to head down to the Katy/Richmond area of Texas. Family is all there and can make decent living in my trade. Plus my brother wants to partner up on a powder coating shop. But now, I was reading up on Texas laws regarding scratch built custom vehicles and that you can’t register them there in Texas any longer. That just don’t sound right to me so, while searching for information on this subject I came across TT and I figure this the perfect place for information. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Rob

Rob welcome aboard

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to reading about your trike adventures. We’ll see if I can figure out what to do about Texas. May need to consider an alternate state that is more custom friendly.

I am hoping to find some Spyder riders in the Tallahassee area. I am soon to be the owner of a 2019 Can Am F3 Limited and can't wait to get it on the road!

By the way, I am on 2 other forums and this is the BEST BY FAR!!:clapping:

Allen, I am so happy you joined us. Congratulations on your new Spyder. :wave4:

Well, Don't remember how i found this But, I had just bought a FLRT FW joined to learn about my Bike & believe you me i did.

PS: I clicked on the iinsert image then computer an X poped up far right poto gallery didn't open?

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back