Which Conversion?

I'm planning on pulling the trigger within the year for a new Honda Goldwing trike but the choices of conversions are overwhelmingly on which one. My choices are Hannigan, Roadsmith, CSC and Motor Trike in this order.

Which conversion did you choose and why?

Who did your conversion?

I'm kind of glad my choices were slim for my RSV. I've heard nothing but good things about all the choices you listed.
My only expieriance is with Hannigan but will tell you EVERYTHING about Hannigan is top notch. Best of luck with your decision.
My bike was converted at Coach Rice Trikes in Loganville ga.

I'm planning on pulling the trigger within the year for a new Honda Goldwing trike but the choices of conversions are overwhelmingly on which one. My choices are Hannigan, Roadsmith, CSC and Motor Trike in this order.

Which conversion did you choose and why?

Who did your conversion?

There as many opinions on trike conversion kits as there are kits so I hope in establishing your priority list you have done the research and test ridden the four kits you are considering. Contrary to many people's believe they are not all equal. :cxtv:

I owned and rode a '06 GL1800/MotorTrike Adventure for over 45,000 miles. I now ride a 2015 GL1800/Roadsmith HTS1800. Different conversion altogether and each have things I like and dislike. I have no personal experience with Hannigan or CSC but have heard very good things (and some not so good) about each. solidbob posted a pretty complete kit comparison some time ago you might search for it and see if that helps you.

:xszpv::xszpv:

Out of curiosity, why no Champion kit listed? I just recently purchased a 2010 GL1800 and it's being triked as we speak with the Champion kit. I pick it up tomorrow. I can't say anything about any of the kits and certainly hope I made a good decision.

Out of curiosity, why no Champion kit listed? I just recently purchased a 2010 GL1800 and it's being triked as we speak with the Champion kit. I pick it up tomorrow. I can't say anything about any of the kits and certainly hope I made a good decision.

Maybe no dealer in his area?

May I suggest that you PM our leader and owner of this forum "BAZOOKA" he lives in the Houston area. He also has been a builder of trikes of several brands. He would set you straight on the pros and cons of each. You dfo have a fine group to select from.

I have not seen any Champion conversions in my area.

I went with a Hannigan and am real happy with the kit. I will tell you from experience the main thing you want to do is check out your installer. I didn't and wish I had of.

I went with a Hannigan and am real happy with the kit. I will tell you from experience the main thing you want to do is check out your installer. I didn't and wish I had of.

I would like to find a Honda dealer that has a lot of experience with conversions.

At this point you believe that the conversion is the most important decision you can make. Well you are almost right. Every conversion has things you will like and not like, no matter what conversion you choose but if you don't check out the installer you will only be adding a very bad thing, that you can't control. Take the time and talk to installers in your area and even some not in your area. It's easy to ship. Talk to everyone you can and if anyone has anything, I mean anything that is amiss go on to the next installer. I really enjoy my RS conversion but I wouldn't send my ex-wife to see my installer.
In short do as much research on the installer as you do the conversion.

Installer, installer, installer. I found a 1st class, "Mom and Pop" type shop 20 minutes from my house, then asked whose kits he sold. In my case it was Motor Trike.

After a deal was struck, I paid about 1/2 up front to order the kit, already painted and color matched. Two weeks later the MT Phoenix IRS kit showed up delivered from Texas to NJ. Dealer called me to drop off the bike and promised a one week delivery. Five days later he called me to come and pick it up... Except for the 1000 mile check, have not been back for trike service since. (I've been back but not for trike issues).

Others may have a different thought, but in my opinion all the major kits have pluses and minuses. If you do have a problem, I don't want to be "400 miles" (or whatever) from my dealer.

I went with CSC due to the large trunk (8 C.F.) and the aux. fuel option. They all way theirs is the best and greatest kit and like others have said they ALL have there pluses and minuses. So for me it was more of a practical issue. I actually liked the MT Razor better at a design standpoint but had a much smaller trunk and lid and NO aux. fuel option. My installer is 4 hours away but was highly recommended and even when I toured the CSC Plant the guy their said he is possibly their best installer.
If you are planning on going to the Wing Ding in September you can try out a few brands. Also I noticed on their web site that CSC is offering a free rake kit right now.

Agree that choosing the right installer is the most important choice. I choose Hannigan because they are the only company to make a trike conversion for my bike. They are very diversified and make sidecars, trailers, quads etc. Would have chosen Hannigan anyway because of their rear suspension/drive setup design. Was in Hannigans showroom 2 days ago and saw their 40th anniversary edition Goldwing trike, and it is BEAUTIFUL! best looking Honda Trike I've seen. ThumbUp

Dealer that does trikes

I would like to find a Honda dealer that has a lot of experience with conversions.

Northwest Honda does CSC conversions, I believe. They have been doing this for a couple of years. They have a pretty good rep as a dealer.
Note that H&H Easttex Motorsports does Motor Trike conversions. They have been the #1 MT dealer for years in volume and satisfaction. Great people to deal with. I don't know that getting a trike from a Honda dealer will enhance your overall experience. Note that Triumph uses MT as their official, warranted trike kit.

I choose my Roadsmith converter when I walk in his clean shop and saw his 3 personal Goldwings he owns and rides.
Two are 2 wheels (one a all black F6B) and 1 a Roadsmith trike he and his wife ride.

75% of his business are Goldwings and that was enough for me.
Also watch for sales and special offers trike Company's offer from time to time on the one you choose.

Roadsmith ran a $500.00 offer sale late in the season last year, got mine ordered in November and had it installed in the spring.

I selected a Hannigan Gen II kit with Aux Fuel Tank, Acqua Boards and a Whale Tale Spoiler. My installer was Coach Rice Trikes in Georgia. I brought my bike to him but he does pick-ups and deliveries. I have been very satisfied!!

Can't say enough good things about the people at Hannigan in Murray, Kentucky. A very knowledgeable and personable group of people who make high quality products. They will do everything possible to make you a satisfied customer!!

I come to the conclusion all trike conversions are great.
You have to "tweak" the one that fits you.

And Yes, like someone mention above, a reliable installer is 50% of your enjoyment of any trike.

Check around, talk to other people that had trikes installed.
Visit cycle dealers, many hire converters to work on new in stock bikes only to return the finished product to their showroom for sale.