Oil from trans to primary......

Stonecold on the hdforums, who developed & tested the fix, posted today that he contacted HD, filled out some paperwork & turned his info on the fix over to them.

Don’t know if it’s the same solution, but a oil sling mod came up :Shrug:

Stonecold on the hdforums, who developed & tested the fix, posted today that he contacted HD, filled out some paperwork & turned his info on the fix over to them.

This is good news

I hope the MOCO does look close at this and further test it

Also hope they DO NOT put HD part numbers on all this and claim it as their own

IMO if they use this fix on say 20 per cent of the already in service bikes it is going to cost them a huge amount

Reactions: MDO
This is good news

I hope the MOCO does look close at this and further test it

Also hope they DO NOT put HD part numbers on all this and claim it as their own

IMO if they use this fix on say 20 per cent of the already in service bikes it is going to cost them a huge amount

Jack, Since the MOCO has been so mum on this issue, it is very hard to tell how many late 103's and M8's have been affected? The thing that does not make sense to me is that some folks are reportedly experiencing oil migration fairly early in the engines operation while others are experiencing this problem later with many thousands of miles on their motors. It just doesn't make sense to me in terms of what the actual problem is?

Here are Stonecolds words

I called Harley Davidson this morning. I wasn't able to get through to any kind of technical department, but I did talk to someone that sent me an e-mail so that I could send the information back to them. I also filled out the idea form they have on their website. In both instances I gave them as much information as I could on the fix. I don't know how it will turn out. I guess we'll have to see if they pick up the ball and run with it. Time will tell.

Does anyone know what the sling kit is.The dealer paper work i got when i picked my trike up said that after 700-1000 miles if oil is low they will send this kit.

The kit Harley had the dealer install was called a plug kit...#36300028......

And after they installed it , I didn't have to wait 700 miles , It only took 250..miles to go off the dip stick..As for me the point is mute.....I traded my 17 TG....And got a new 2018 Slingshot ,...

Jack, Since the MOCO has been so mum on this issue, it is very hard to tell how many late 103's and M8's have been affected? The thing that does not make sense to me is that some folks are reportedly experiencing oil migration fairly early in the engines operation while others are experiencing this problem later with many thousands of miles on their motors. It just doesn't make sense to me in terms of what the actual problem is?

Good point, why do some do it and others do not. Early or late it has no clear pattern

I am guessing the MOCO does not fully understand this or are keeping tight lipped in hopes that many will not see this problem in the first 2 years the bike is covered under factory warranty?

My big question is If and when the MOCO does stumble on a cure is it going to be a Screaming Eagle up grade At our expense?

I have ESP for 5 more years, I hope I do not need it for this issue;)

Does anyone know what the sling kit is.The dealer paper work i got when i picked my trike up said that after 700-1000 miles if oil is low they will send this kit.

img_1142_dbee936decd5aaf0c7c60e69f76d0c4f4a00c49a.jpg
This white plastic cap is supposed to stop the oil from traveling down the hollow push rod = another fail by the MOCO unfortunately

The one they used on mine was Black....They showed it to me...And they said we have to install it [Orders from Harley].....But it isn't going to help...

1 of many epic failures to get the job done

IMO HD has been looking at a cheap fix

Asking your self what is so different about these hydraulic clutches is what HD needs to focus on IMO

Dang I been away for short while and back to reading this thread..

Man I would be P.Oed and still no results from MOCO.

Well guys hang in there :help:

I baled, And got a new 2018 Slingshot...Straight trade.....Feel's like i'm on an extra wide Spyder....:laugh:...

Really how do you like it? Which Model?

I been eyeing one myself. BUT have to see if I can get in and out of it..

Or catch you on the Slingshot thread..

I agree, should we ride to Milwaukee and offer our trikes to be tested?;)

What a minute, ours work & you want to let the MoCo do an autopsy on them.

Jack, I wanted to mention to you that I was at 2 different dealers today & they both said they only have a few customers with the problem. They just don't seem to think its that big of a deal, based on the relatively few problem, percentage wise.

Really how do you like it? Which Model?

I been eyeing one myself. BUT have to see if I can get in and out of it..

Or catch you on the Slingshot thread..

SL.....And i have a Gullwing top with tall windshield coming in, Installed all part of the deal.....How do i like it too soon to tell, I only have about 175 miles on it, Last year i had trouble getting in and out, But since then i lost 25 pounds so now i haven't any problems ...Im going to miss the motorcycle feel, I rides like my Ex-Spyder, ...

My dealer is a Harley and Polaris dealer, So it was easy-$$$ to trade, even up...

What a minute, ours work & you want to let the MoCo do an autopsy on them.

Jack, I wanted to mention to you that I was at 2 different dealers today & they both said they only have a few customers with the problem. They just don't seem to think its that big of a deal, based on the relatively few problem, percentage wise.

Very interesting , I wonder where they are getting there numbers from? HMMMMMM

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png