Anyone running. A120. ?

Here is a dyno sheet from a 103 with Kuryakyn TC 24D cams and Kuryakyn Perfect Storm system

Quote from Mike Roland who is the designer of Kuryakns cams, heads and mufflers >>
Been doing some testing again. This is a 2012 FLHX 103 that was bone stock. First we put on the Perfect Storm this one consists of Crusher Power Cell and Mellow Mufflers, Kury Alley Cat AC, and TTS. We then put in the WT TC-24D cams.

The Green run is stock, the red is the Perfect Storm, and the Blues is with the TC-24D cams added. The engine is bone stock otherwise. Notice the cams didn't lose any bottom end from the stock short duration cams.

For those who might think the graph is different, I don't print then scan my graphs. I exported the graph as an image and you have only one choice of display. I exported 2 images, one with max HP/TQ and one with conditions. I had to cut and paste in the conditions to the image with the max values.

Mike Roland

That TC-24D looks like a fun ride.

Well mine was a disaster. As the dealer was taking it down we had metal floting so here comes a new crank case. Then there was a discovery of metal in trans. Everthing in pieces. They start the build. No problem until they start it my god the valve noise is almost deafening. So now new lifters are ordered 10 days later they arrive same noise runs great just loud.
This goes on and on. So what I have is 10 1/2 -1 pistons a 255 se cam and ported heads with no noise and a couple of thousand less. I feel bad for the dealership. But it was mother harley that put them there.
so needless to sa i feel the se stage iv kit sucks

This goes on and on. So what I have is 10 1/2 -1 pistons a 255 se cam and ported heads with no noise and a couple of thousand less. I feel bad for the dealership. But it was mother harley that put them there.
so needless to sa i feel the se stage iv kit sucks

I think your an isolated incident, there are quite a few Stage IV kits running around now and unfortunatly yours is the 1st noisy one I've heard of. Your going to want to keep a sharp ear out with 10.5:1 pistons mixed with SE255 cams, the CCP is huge with that combination which I'd about bet they had to pull a ton of timing out to get it to work which will contribute to increased heat which could become a problem come this summer. I'm sure there may be some out there but yours is the 1st one I've ever read about having that kind of compression with those cams.

I didnt think there would be enough timing to pull for the CCP with the 10.5 comp and 255 cams? :Shrug:

I think there may be enough, know it sure would be ugly. It'll run like crap and be hotter than a popcorn fart, without the ACR's it would be next to impossible to start it. Even with them I'll bet it wants to kick back on heat soaked starts, could turn out to be a starter and ring gear eater.

well i will try this again the numbers arent big but they are where they need to be for my driving until i can save up for the 120
img275_zps75960fe7.jpg
[/IMG]

the blue lines are the 255 cam and the red are the 259 with the big noisey heads.
But I like having the torque down low

well i will try this again the numbers arent big but they are where they need to be for my driving until i can save up for the 120
img275_zps75960fe7.jpg
[/IMG]

the blue lines are the 255 cam and the red are the 259 with the big noisey heads.
But I like having the torque down low

Biggest thing is if it rides good to you. I would have thought the torque would be a touch higher than it is with the added compression, that is unless they grew wise and swapped the pistons back to the factory flat tops.

I only have 50 miles on the latest because of this $%&#@ weather now we are waiting to get 7-9 inches of that crap and then we get to put alittle ice on top who has a cherry?
?

I only have 50 miles on the latest because of this $%&#@ weather now we are waiting to get 7-9 inches of that crap and then we get to put alittle ice on top who has a cherry?
?

I know what you mean, their calling for freezing rain for us today also.

well socko they lied to us again i dont believe it we ended up with 12 inches and still no cherry im really getting sick of this i really need to move south

Been there done that but I like the southwest except of course in the summer. My dad lives in fla and the traffic is more than I want to deal with.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png