we want a Harley

lboos

Oct 22, 2012
Marietta Ga.
My wife and I want a new Harley tri-glide, but im 75 and my wife is 72 and the only thing stopping us is that we feel we may be to old, we both are in good health and are pretty active, are their any riders out there that are our age ?....Thanks.

Well I'm not quite to that age yet, only 64 turning 65 in March. My thoughts are if you want something get it, you only live once, live life to its fullest. I'm sure there are trikers out here in Trikeland at your same age or older, having the time of their life, enjoying every mile they put under them. This is the right place to meet up with them, Welcome to Trike Talk!

My father is 90 and an old HD & Indian guy. Once a week he comes over and takes my TG to Starbucks and a little ride. Looks like a kid that just got a bag of candy!

What is with people and this age thing!!! It's only a number and if you want to sit around staring out the window, reading a newspaper and watching TV, then that's where'll you be. You only go around once, why not make the best of it...get yourself a Tri-Glide and go ride!! Unless you just want to sit around and talk about it. Look what you're missing. I'm not that far behind you, but I'll be damned if I'm going to grow up!!!!

Iboos, I'm 68 and my wife a few years younger and I had not riden in approx. 20 years until 2.5 years ago, however rode for many years when younger. We love to ride and plan to ride for many years to come as long as health permits. Don't plan to sit and dry up. We stay active by going to gym 3 times a week, I play golf, we chase grandchildren from four years old to 16 and are enjoying every minute of life. Also, very active in our church and I still work managing a commercial const. company. Wheeee! That's too busy.

If your health permits, you are only as old as you allow yourself to be.

I am 72 and my wife is 69. We ride our trike about 3-4 times a week together, and I ride it most every day. As long as you can see the road and react to traffic, (oh yeah, and get your leg over the bike).lol, You should be able to ride. If you are not or have not been riders for a while, be sure to take the trike riding course. But definately, if you can afford it, go for it. Have a friend I ride with, 73 and his first motorcycle. A trike. He goes further and I do, Hou to San Antonio and return one day ride. Yep, go get it.

I'm 68 and Wife is 50+, we each ride our own and my Buddy in Wash. State
is 70+..........we all enjoy the heck out of our trikes and plan on riding for
years to come - ain't retirement GREAT !!
ThumbUp

What great advice from all of you, [esp. BinIdaho]...Thank you all, I will be talking to my wife in the morning, I only live one mile from our lcl. Harley dealer, I hope to post some good news here soon, agin, thanks for the comments.

The oldest guy who rides to Americade in Lake George every year is Leo. I think he is 95 this year. He rides his own Trike from New Jersey. On the back of his white Motortrike Trike he has written RECYCLED TEENAGER 94. Every year he just has his age updated.
So I guess in my eyes, you guys are quite young to be riding a Trike!

Only 75?
I am 76 and just got a new 13 Tri Glide. It's fun and safe and my wife is a little older than me, and loves to trike right along with me. Don't hesitate, get it and get going. Interest rates are not good anyway, so take it out of the bank and get going. Ride safe.
rivercityjack

I am 70 and wife is 68. We ride approximately 1000-1500 miles a month. The doctor told me I should quit scuba diving however, which I had done for over 50 years. Now I have even more time to ride :)

This is me on my 650cc 1950 triumph
,taken in the 70's I think, just to let you know how old I am, I also have owned BSA's, Harley 125, old Harley 3 speed on the tank and foot clutch,.... and two or 3 newer large Honda's in the last 15 years.
I think Im ready for that Tri-glide now.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 139
,taken in the 70's I think, just to let you know how old I am, I also have owned BSA's, Harley 125, old Harley 3 speed on the tank and foot clutch,.... and two or 3 newer large Honda's in the last 15 years.

Sounds like you are, Now just do it.ThumbUp:wave4:

I aggree with everyone else, go for it! You might consider renting one for 24 hrs. & riding it as much as possible to see how you both like it but I'm sure when you bring the rental back you'll buy one. Let us know how it goes.

I'll be 69 in March. I ride all year even here in Chicago. Rode Jan. 1 20* no problem. If you're AS healthy as you say you are -GO FOR IT!!

Forgot to check - have you riden a bike before?

Ride safe and save the wave. :wave4:

I'll be 69 in March. I ride all year even here in Chicago. Rode Jan. 1 20* no problem. If you're AS healthy as you say you are -GO FOR IT!!

Forgot to check - have you riden a bike before?

Ride safe and save the wave. :wave4:
Man my knees cant handle that cold weather anymore....BURRRRRRRRR

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png