Goldwing trike vs harley triglide

Motogordo

Reaction score
Goldwing Trike vs Harley Triglide ) 2014 Model HD

Oct.17,2013,

I had stopped by Barb's Harley Davidson yesterday to check out the 2014 Triglide. Looks like a very nice bike, typically HD design. I see they came up with lots of improvments to compete with the WING. They are getting there little by little but have a long way to go when it comes to all the creature comforts of the WING. After reading lots of HD articles on the internet yesterday, it seems as though the main reason for buying Harley's is that it makes you a "BADASS", or at least it makes you feel that way even if your not. They're really isn't a big issue of which bike is better. It's just a matter of preference. The Harley looks and sounds more like a true motorcycle, whereas the Wing is sometimes called "Boring." People have said it's like riding a 3 wheel Honda Accord. LOL.

The WING is covered up more with all the Tupperware. It's easier to clean, except for my WING which has lots of Bling and requires more time to get in all the nooks and crannies. LOL. The article I read yesterday said the HD owners are part of a cult. Not a bad group, but a very loyal bunch of riders. Even if the Harley's weren't as futuristic as the Wings, they would still buy them year after year. That is what I call loyalty. Harley represents the real motorcycle , not the three wheel cars. LOL. Also, I was told that the Harley's hold their valuel better on resale because there are sooooo many Harley riders out there.

I guess I just like the six cyclinder smoothness and power. I had a bunch of V-Twins and always traded them in because of the vibrations. I just need creature comforts, which the Wing has, but the Harley Tri-Glide is definitely a great TRUE MOTORCYCLE. From what I have learned from Mike, the new Tri-glides are much smoother now. The only vibrations are when you are in neutral and waiting for a light. Once you accelerate, the vibrations are gone. Also they are now water cooled so the engine can run stronger and longer. They have also integrated a ton of new electronics to make the ride much more enjoyable. They also have a ton of torque at the low speeds and plenty left for high speed. Congratulations to Harley Davidson.

Motogordo, from Delanco

The dealer I went to visit yesterday was Barb's Harley Davidson in Mt.

Ephraim, N.J. I met a salesman there named Mike Smith and I really enjoyed talking to him. He was very knowledgeable and explained all the differences in the Harley's as compared to the Wing. I now realize that the main reason I would consider a HD Triglide is that I would be COOL. It would also be something I never had, and I love to try new things. If I ever do buy a Harley, I would definitely see Mike Smith and the rest of the great staff at Barb's HD.pepper

Last edited:
ANOTHER ASPECT OF THE HARLEY IS YOU CAN MODIFY IT TO THE TENTH DEGREE. just the way you like it. also a million years from now you will still be able to get parts. wonder about the victory & Honda in this aspect.

Last year in August I decided to Trike one of my bikes.... A 2007 Ultra and a 2004 Wing. Took me about 2 minutes to decide.....I triked the Wing. Bigger engine, smoother running, much more reliable, cooler on the feet, easier on the passenger, a lot less to maintain, easier functioning controls, no vibration, etc. I haven't regretted it one bit.

like I said awhile back in another forum; if you put the sound of the Harley in the Goldwing, it would be the number 1 bike to ride instead of the number 2 bike (as for numbers on the road). just my opinion. Had a Goldwing but traded it in for a Triglide. Just can't get away from the sound and feel........................

getting ready to trade my 2010 ultra glide for a goldwing, then having a motor trike conversion put on it...just wanting a smoother, and reliable ride for my retirement days coming...gonna do a lot of travels long distant,and want the wife to be comfy & not bitchy....lol

Personal preference.
2 different beasts.
Nothing in common.
V-Twins have personality and you can make it yours.
A bit more "primitive".

Gold Wing.............................boring.
It has very little you can change both physically and mechanically.
Yours is basically exactly the same as mine.

I ride a GW trike daily now.
My V-Twins when I need my motorcycle fix.

Just my 2 cents worth folk's.
Just how I feel about them both, not looking for an argument.

WHAT THE HE@@ YOU THINK HE IS SMOKiNG
BUY AMERICA THE WORLD BE A LOT BETTER OFF

ALL Wings until last year were Made in America.
The Harley has so many parts from Japan, China and India that, if it were a car, it would classified as an import.
Have a toke, you'll feel better.

So...just how long do the moderators expect us to put up with this male bovine excrement?

If we respond we'll get called down for flaming ! But then again
smiley-angry021.gif

I think it all depends on what you like, I for one would miss the power of the Goldwing and the super smooth engine. Tried a couple of Harley's just did not do anything for me. I think they build a good bike and they look great but just not for me.

Some one said buy American and I would like to if you can tell me where?. Harley sold out yrs ago, they are assembled here but parts come from all over. Harley pumps several millions of dollars into the US, Honda almost doubles that with all the different items they sell, cars, bikes, atv's etc.

So ride what you want and enjoy.

My Honda Valkyrie Interstate will be a trike soon. Bought a Roadsmith today. That Honda is American made.

My Honda Valkyrie Interstate will be a trike soon. Bought a Roadsmith today. That Honda is American made.

I was very happily surprised when I 1st bought my 99 Valk and saw on the engine Made In USA.
I didn't know that at the time.
Harley gets an exemption from the DOT.
They get to say American made due to the weight content of the vehicle.
Not where the parts come from as they do with cars.
HD are as much imports in reality as any vehicle is these days.
Showa has been making the front ends since the 80s.
Ive owned both. So it doesn't make any difference to me.
As long as its got 2 wheels now 3 Im happy I can still ride one.

I was very happily surprised when I 1st bought my 99 Valk and saw on the engine Made In USA.
I didn't know that at the time.
Harley gets an exemption from the DOT.
They get to say American made due to the weight content of the vehicle.
Not where the parts come from as they do with cars.
HD are as much imports in reality as any vehicle is these days.
Showa has been making the front ends since the 80s.
Ive owned both. So it doesn't make any difference to me.
As long as its got 2 wheels now 3 Im happy I can still ride one.

ThumbUp I'd almost bet 60% or better of the parts in a Harley is made off shores these days.

Harley Davidson & Indian are American Icons. I remember as a kid watching the Police Harley three wheelers running around town checking the parking meters up tell 1972 when Harley Davidson stop making them. As a kid I thought the Police Harley three wheelers were so cool I couldn't wait to get one, will I now have a Harley three wheeler, a 2009 model. I do like both the Honda and Harley.
Now a days you need both metric and standard tools to work on a Harley.
Butch

Have a GW trike, 07, in the garage along with my new 13 Ultra...the trike is the wife's.
The wing is a great motorcycle but the foot position kills me...very uncomfortable in the long ride...
Had a 2010 TG, but it was a dog..slow and underpowered...if I wanted a new trike, I would trike my 13 with a CSC Daytona kit....and a 120 motor..

ThumbUp I'd almost bet 60% or better of the parts in a Harley is made off shores these days.

As for content. Your probably correct in your assumption.
I wasn't and wont flame HD. Ive owned a few and a few Japanese bikes as well. I have no desire to buy only American as that in actuality is just words today. Nothing is 100% made here. Just assembled. I want a well made machine and it can be made in LowerSlabovia as long as it suits my needs.

As for content. Your probably correct in your assumption.
I wasn't and wont flame HD. Ive owned a few and a few Japanese bikes as well. I have no desire to buy only American as that in actuality is just words today. Nothing is 100% made here. Just assembled. I want a well made machine and it can be made in LowerSlabovia as long as it suits my needs.

Funny thing is sometimes buying a foreign brand nets you more or the same percentage US made parts as US companies. My Toyota Tundra has the same 75% US parts as Ford and more than Chevy Silverado which only has 62% US made parts.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png